Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
TX
City
Spring
Im going to try to keep this short and I want apologise in advance if this post offends anyone in any way.
Im 25 and started having full body muscle twitches about 2 months ago. Went to the neru and she did a motor skills and said no als and no need for an EMG. Her diagnosis was severe anxiety. The twitches subsided significantly. This past week, the twiches picked up again and I noticed I cant stop slurring. My question is, is a motor skills test really that accurate without an EMG? Should I get one to be on the safe side?
Thank you for reading.

Should you go back to your doctor and have your speech listened to and ask this?

Who is noticing the slurring, you or others? This could easily be your anxiety creeping up on you again. Given your age and the fact a neuro already took a good look at you, ALS is not in the picture. Do you know the odds for you to have bulbar onset at your age? 1 in 1,000,000 under the age of 30, the further from that age, the less your chances. Now multiply that by 5 since only 20% of ALS cases are bulbar. Hmmmmm. Stay away from Google and this site, it doesn't help your anxiety.

Who is noticing the slurring, you or others? This could easily be your anxiety creeping up on you again. Given your age and the fact a neuro already took a good look at you, ALS is not in the picture. Do you know the odds for you to have bulbar onset at your age? 1 in 1,000,000 under the age of 30, the further from that age, the less your chances. Now multiply that by 5 since only 20% of ALS cases are bulbar. Hmmmmm. Stay away from Google and this site, it doesn't help your anxiety.
I am the only one to notice it so far. I will admit, I spend a lot of time looking up ALS symptoms.

I will admit, I spend a lot of time looking up ALS symptoms.
Find a different hobby.
The one you have now is for fools.

Being that you believe your speech is slurred and you feel you need an EMG be sure and tell them you want the one where they stick needles (I think they're about an inch long) in your tongue and under your chin. Or, you can spend the same amount of time you have been reading about ALS reading about anxiety. Seriously... it's up to you.

Please go back and read your earlier thread and the responses to it. You've done it to yourself again. You have an anxiety problem and need help, but you don't have ALS and should stop reading about it. You don't offend us, but this forum is for people who have ALS and the people who care for them to come for help and support. You've already been told by your neuro that you have extreme anxiety, not ALS, and we've already told you that you need to stop reading about ALS. Why do you come back here and repeat the process? Please get help wth your anxiety and let us get back to supporting people who DO have this disease.

Dang! I'm slipping... I didn't notice he had 5 previous posts. I am somewhat distracted with something else now. Back to details before I reply. Ooops.

That's ok Al, I have your back...

I'm still stuck on the full body twitches...must be something to see...like a grasshopper on a griddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back