Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Hi Everyone,

I posted once in the past where you all reassured me that it doesn't sound like ALS. I appreciate the advise I wanted to move on, but have noticed some foot symptoms developing.

I went to a podiatrist because where he said I had pes cavus or high arches in both of my feet, and it is either due to a hereditary or neuromuscular condition.

My left foot is slightly higher and turns in slightly more than my right foot. In addition I feel as though the foot is thinner and it creates more of a hammer toe deformity in my left foot. Everywhere I read online says this is due to lack of intrinsic muscle foot strength.

Has anyone developed any of these symptoms as initial signs of ALS? My twitching has continued, but I got an EMG/NCV done of both legs (calf and shin only). They both came out completely normal.

Would an EMG detect abnormalities if my initial progression started in my foot, but the needle was in my shin and calf?

If my feet were in fact weak, as if weakness started there, is there anything I would notice or have a harder time doing? My legs haven't been affected obviously as confirmed by the EMG, but I'm just hoping this doesn't progress up.

Thank you all for your time!

I challenge you to find a single instance of als starting in a foot. Foot drop is from the leg not the foot muscles.

I've had high arches my entire life (built in high heels) and it had zip, zero, nada, zilch to do with my als.

Go see an anxiety doc before you discover another anomaly.

Good afternoon GregK,

I am not questioning you at all, but I am interested to know as to why it is highly unlikely for ALS to start in a foot, when it is possible for it to start in a hand?

Nowhere did I state it was highly unlikely. I challenged you to find such an instance.

This:
> I got an EMG/NCV done of both legs (calf and shin only). They both came out completely normal
says it all. You do not belong here.

I was just trying to better understand if anyone knows if abnormalities would typically show up on the EMG inserted in the shin/calf if it started in the foot?

Yes, the EMG would show it up to answer your question directly.

Honey still no ALS symptoms, please get to your doctor and explain your symptoms again so you can be referred to the appropriate specialty. Also explain your health anxiety and have this treated as well.

All the best, this is really not a healthy place for you to continue to visit.

People with experience with ALS have politely answered your questions. Please move on now. We can't help you. You might try a anxiety forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back