Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Or
City
Portland
I ended up going to get an EMG to put my fears to rest and just wanted to make sure that you guys thought this was a qualified neuro. He did the EMG himself and noted no abnormalities and he did almost every muscle on the right side of my body..

"Dr. is an ABPN certified Neurologist and member of the AAN. He earned his Medical Doctorate at the University of Kansas. He completed his internship and Neurology residency at Northwestern Memorial Hospital in Chicago then completed his training with a one year Neuromuscular Fellowship at Oregon Health and Sciences University Hospital. His special interests include neuropathy, myasthenia gravis, movement disorders and stroke."

If you guys agree he is qualified enough I will put this to rest totally.

Thanks, and Happy Holidays.

Sure does, put it to rest now. Log off, go live, and have a wonderful life. No replies needed, great that you got the result we all wanted.

I agree with Tillie! Sounds like he has high credentials and did a thorough job. Time to let it go!

Yep! It sounds like he has high credentials. I would certainly trust him. Time to let go and live your life. Happy New Year that's great news!

looks like time to put it into rest now :) keep a smile on your face now :)

Since the EMG three weeks ago, I've had some significant shoulder pain from the neck all the way down into my the near muscle. I feel it in my bicep forearm and palm of hand. My grip in the right hand feels weaker. When I hold something in my right hand that's heavy (ie a grocery basket) my right hand tingles after about 15 seconds of holding it. There definitely seems to be a little less muscle on the right thenar muscle as well. My right calf is still about .5 inches smaller. Ahh!

And I'm still twitching everywhere, have been on and off since April of last year. While I know this is not considered major atrophy the right side (dominant) is still slightly smaller than my left.

With these potentially ALS related symptoms that I am having would the EMG have picked up any sign of disease?

I appreciate all of your help and while I know you are not doctors you have very well qualified opinions and without going back to the doctor with every single question I have you have been a tremendous help to me.. I'm just trying to advocate for myself.

Thank you

Please honey, go back and ask your doctor. You've had a clear EMG. We've listened carefully to your symptoms and they do NOT indicate ALS, they do not even potentially indicate ALS, not in the least.

I wish you all the best in finding the answers to your health issues, but we can't help you here.

Ahhh... Ok I will go back to doc. The pain in my palm/thenar concernes me the most. Also for 9 months of a sore calf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back