Reason
Other
Country
UK
State
IL
City
Ei
Hello. I don't wish to waste anyones time in here, especially when I know how serious and severe this disease can be. I've came here to find relief in answers and hope to find some conclusion because I've been having some concern about the past week of what I was having. I started having numbness on the right side of my lip and then cheek, slowly advancing down to my arm and leg. It's not a severe numbness, sort of the one you'd get if you wake up and try to stretch, but it's not going away. I've noticed that I can't seem to hold things properly, or place them, sort of like clumsy a bit. Also with my speech, not to mention noticing tiny little twitches such as on my nose, and leg too. I don't know if there's any pain. I've tried to pinch my two cheeks to notice if I feel any different, which apparently the right side feels less pain.

No one in my family has ever developed ALS nor in the past too. Now the thing is, I don't know if this might add in, but I woke up today with a troubling headache and sore throat.

I can walk just fine, sometimes I feel better, and then it goes bad. sort of like feeling as if I'm about to faint.

I've already got an appointment tomorrow to get to a neurolagist and see if anything interfers.

Thank you. -Dan

P.S. I just want to add that I have read the sticky, and I did see the symptoms. but the twitching and feeling weak a bit on the right side along with numbness seems to be a bit alarming.

Does not sound remotely like ALS. I would worry more about stroke especially if you have risk factors. I know it has been a week but you might consider urgent care if it is still 24 hours to your appointment

Does not sound remotely like ALS. I would worry more about stroke especially if you have risk factors. I know it has been a week but you might consider urgent care if it is still 24 hours to your appointment

Hi Nikki J! Thanks for replying. Hm.. you could be right but I thought to take a closer look. I've also noticed that I feel less or even almost to no pain on the right hand. I recall having twitches once there. Sort of noticing that I might have weakness bending my right hands thumb. but It didn't seem to bother me untill I started noticing how I began getting typos. What exactly should I test for to know if I have ALS or not?

Deen, there are no tests you can perform yourself but tomorrow your Neuro will in proper order if needed.

Your symptoms are kind of jumping all over the place. I think it would be safer at this point to see a doctor instead of asking us right now. I agree with Nicki. None of what your describing makes me think ALS in the least. But, a stroke or mini strokes? It's too dangerous to try and diagnos. Get to your doctor a.s.a.p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back