Reason
CALS
Country
SWE
State
Västerbotten
City
Umeå
I've read the stickies and searched for an answer for this, but with no luck.

What is the hyperexcitability phase so many are talking about? What would be the signs and symptoms?

I have minimal tongue twitching, maybe 5-10 twitches a day in my tongue. Has been going on for about 4 months. They scare me.

My question is: would a person expect more fasciculations if the hyoerexcitability phase of ALS was present?

Honey, I just need to open by commenting that you are 22 and have been posting here for at least 6 months and this is the largest cause for concern.

I have no idea what this hyperexcitability phase is, as we don't talk about it and I've never heard of it.

I can totally assure you that you tongue twitches are nothing to worry about. My husband had bulbar onset ALS and his tongue literally looked like a sock filled with 1000 worms, yet he couldn't even feel the constant rippling of the entire tongue.

Please return to your doctor and explain how anxious you are so that you can obtain help as this is a true and serious medical condition. However the good news is that it can be treated, but you have to be honest about how deeply anxious you are.

All the best. Please put this to rest now and stop posting here for your own sake.

I have never ever heard of hyperexcitablity phase. Never seen it mentioned anyone of this forum and I read alot of posts. If you have been posting here for at least 6 months as Tillie noted your largest concern is anxiety. Anxiety is a very serious condition and needs treatment just like everything else. It is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. Please as Tillie stated go back to see your doctor and explain how anxious your have been. Please for your own health and well being don't post anymore on here. Also, stay off of Dr. Google. You are only 22 and you have a long beautiful life ahead of you. Enjoy it! Best of luck to you. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back