Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
South Lanarkshire
City
glasgow
Hi everyone just a wee update form my previous post a few months back as people don't let everyone know how things are going . My previous thread was closed but here's the link too it. https://www.alsforums.com/forum/do-i-have-als-als/26488-worried.html

From my previous thread I had pain in shoulders and stuff and this is still going on with the back off my neck and shoulders & shoulder blades get pain and very uncomfortable along with the middle of my back. That's been 4 months now so I need too get it checked out.

After reading on ALS and reading mis information on ALS about twitching I checked myself for twitching and behold my right calve starting twitching and that made me mega worried and really bad anxiety over this. I now have calve twitches along with an ankle hotspot that pulses then sends a twitch up my leg, a big twitch on my left bicep that happens once every few hours and the recent one my right finger is moving every few hours and I think I've also seen my left calve move by itself.

I think twitching is all. About anxiety because I found the twitching and it never found me so maybe I was twitching well before I found i noticed it. I went through the emotions off am I weak so I statred strength testing for example lifting sofas, lifting my tv even my dog. I look back and this sounds crazy for me too do this. For my legs I tried walking on my heels what I can and also on my toes and running up and downstairs along with cycling for 30 min a day what I can do but I get really tired easily but it me being unfit. I also used too check for atrophy and dents over my body .

My doctor is sending me too a neurologist not because she suspects anything as they did the strength and reflex tests and full blood tests and all fine but too put my mind at rest because I kept going on about twitching .

So there's the update for me I'm working with my doctor on this and I know now I would be embarrassed and ashamed of myself if I did see someone with ALS.

Glad to hear you are in a better place with this. Bet your dog is too!
Happy holidays!

Nikki you made me smile with that last comment that was pretty funny. Yeah she might be happy now .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back