PALS
Country
hol
State
Amsterdam
City
Amsterdam
Hello everyone
write the Netherlands, am a young gentleman of 42 years, some time ago I have noted a difficulty breathing, thought it could be stress, but 3 weeks past to today, seeing noticed spasms in left thumb base reaching up to move the own but that intrigued me was the twitching in the face of the muscle, which moves the jaw, pressing your finger on the face side, I skip it, it may be that this is happening to me can be als bulbar?
Veermer

You need to read the stickies. Contact your doctor for your answers. Doesn't sound like ALS to me. Don't jump to conclusions about a rare and fatal disease. Come back only your doctor says specifically that he is looking into ALS. If you are having difficulty breathing you should definitely see a doctor a.s.a.p. That in itself could mean alot of things. Let a doctor run necessary tests and answer your questions. At this time you don't belong on here and stay away from Dr. google. Also, explain to your doctor that you feel you are under stress as well. Good luck!

Bulbar onset does not start with difficulty breathing. Usually bulbar starts with slurred speech because the tongue fails to move correctly. Twitching in the face muscle does not sound like ALS at all. Spasms in the left thumb would certainly not be indicative of ALS. Hope this calms your fears.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back