Reason
Friend was DX
Country
Uni
State
Arizona
City
CASA GRANDE
My classmate at ND, Pete D. had ALS and has since died.He was a Fullback on the team and a very strong guy. I think about his struggle and how brave he was.
I am 71+ and have for years had numbness develope in either my left or right foot , seemingly in the evening and wondered what was going on.Sometimes I would have twitching in one leg or the other at bedtime .About a month ago, I woke up with a spasming of my right leg where my leg would involuntarily contract and then shake. It was every 10 seconds.I was up all night and at dawn, went for my 2 mile walk which stopped it. I went to the PC Doc and he said I may have RLS and proscibed Requick. I then went to a neurologist who ordered blood tests . My Glucose came back 91 about 4 1/2 hours after a big breakfast. B-12, Thyroid,Iron,Magnesium, Sed rate,Rheumatoid factor ,all came back normal. T3 reverse was slightly high, so I thought ,what is going on. I now have a problem with numbness in my lower legs which seems to come and go.I also have muscle pain in my Biceps which also vacilates,[ could be stress at night?] .Sometimes I feel good enough to walk,[I usually did 1 -2 miles every morning, fast as I could] .But was concerned I may have ALS. After reading the "Stickie", I see that the onset of ALS is loss of muscle control , not numbness or muscle pain . I had Epstein-Barr about 20 years ago, but I understand that once done, it's over. I'm scheduled for an EMG next week along with a sonogram of my leg muscles. Maybe I will find out what the heck is going on. I just wanted to say thanks for the info and wish all of you the best in the fight against this terrible disease. BB

Your welcome and thank you for reading the stickies. Wish every one would

Good luck to you. Thanks again for reading the stickies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back