Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CA
City
Los Angeles
Hi Everyone,

I have about 5 weeks of symptoms that are somewhat concerning and was wondering if you feel like this is the onset of ALS.

Background - male mid 20s

About 5 weeks ago - Didn't sleep 3 of 5 nights (anxious) notice some muscle twitching in my clavicle, bicep, and legs. Intermittent twitching for about 4 days when I decided to google my symptom, in which ALS was listed. Anxiety level rose immensely. Then constant 24/7 twitches began in both of my calves. These have lasted the better part of 4 weeks. Vibrating, buzzing sensations. I can't feel when I stand or workout, only at rest.

Anxiety started to really becoming an issue - have done self strength tests everyday for 3 straight weeks can perform all of them, but now I am experiencing what seems to be a weird feeling in my legs. Heaviness occasionally, burning sensation when I stand for long periods, and my twitches while gone in my bicep and clavicle have now spread to my quads and hamstrings.

I'm noticing everything where I feel like my right calf was tight, then it was my left calf, now my right quad is shaking during these strength exercises and my left foot feels different somewhat wobbly. Can ALS present in both legs simultaneously?

I'm sorry if this is a waste of time in which case I won't be back on these boards, but I wanted to see if these were concerning symptoms, or more likely a result of my anxiety?

Why don't you try reading the stickies for this subforum like you were instructed to do when you signed on. Your answer is there. Asking questions that have already been answered and expecting people with limited time and energy to answer them over and over again is disrespectful

Ok I'm truly sorry - we can delete or close this thread

My apologies once again.

as someone who went through this health anxiety as well, the best thing for YOU is like dalvin said, read the stickies, but more importantly, see a doctor to alleviate your concerns. if you are like me, you will worry until you do. good luck.

CAguy: All of your symptoms appear related to anxiety. None of your symptoms fit ALS. Dr Google is a quack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back