Other
Country
US
State
NJ
City
Hackensack
Hello everyone.

I posted on here a few months back but would like to ask a question or two more. Today is finally my emg. I have been twitching since March of this year and it seems to have gotten progressively worse. Today i will finally find out why. My Neuro prescribed gabapentin for the twitching and it seems to have calmed things down a bit so I am guessing Bfs. No weakness or atrophy anywhere and I play very competitive basketball 3x/week.

So here is the real issue, About 7 months ago i also starting having speaking difficulties. I am having a hard time pronouncing some words like jersey, gia, angie and am slurring a bit. It seems to have gotten worse the last few weeks especially. Now I am just a train wreck and have visions of what the future will hold for me. Speaking has become a chore for sure and it is very difficult. I am 44 and bulbar is most certainly what has me consumed 24/7. My tongue feels weird and my jaw feels tired and weak, but I can move my tongue all over without any delay or struggle. Looks normal and doesn't have any twitching in it.

My questions are,

1. Can bulbar present itself without any tongue weakness and begin in the jaw and or face muscles. BTW have no problems swallowing or chewing.

2. Will bulbar onset show up in emg?

3. How is bulbar diagnosed?

4. Having slurred for 7-8 months wouldn't it have progressed by now and would I still be able to work out and play basketball?

5. After or during my workouts it is very strenuous to talk. I have to work very hard to get the words out and speak slowly. It fatigues me very much. Is this a bulbar symptom?

6. Has anyone heard or slurring with no other symptoms for this long?

My emg is in 2 hours and will update the findings. Thank you all in advance for your answers and advice.

for goodness sake - if you have an EMG today ASK THESE QUESTIONS THERE, then believe the answers

Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back