Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
NL
State
zuid
City
ams
hello im basho.from amsterdam holland. i have been following this forum since februar 2014. tjis is my first time posting. ive read alot stickies other persons posts. before i got the courage to post thism

the reason i started following here was because one day i woke up and i felt a pulsing sensation in my left tricep. imagine i started google this and i fund about als. i did not get scared because als involves weakness. not much after this i got weakend at shoulders lifting my arms up while fixing my hear. so i went to the doctor she told me i should not be afraid about anything so i went on.

later the pulsing sensatiins spread to my body i feel this everywear fingers back legs shoulders feet ass muscles even in the muscles of my head and neck. i triex not to worry but later weaknes struck me. shoulders bicep tricep under arms abd upper legs. not clincial as you describe but i am getting weaker everymonth in al the muscles involved. the docter later referred me to a neurologist. she did some test standing on one leg then the other pushed my arms back. no problem with that if got worse she said i should make another apointment. still im gettin weaker. later i had respetory problems woke up some times problems breathing got tested at that everything ok. still muscles involved in daily things are getting weaker. bones started cracking and i feel stiffnes hands left side. i feel my shoe is getting to big for my left foot and tshirts too. everyday thankfull for living walking breathing eating on my own. but i feel leek every week its getting more difficult and more muscles are fasciculating. i m scared to see a docterm im 25 years old

whats got me concernig lately is too much saliva if i drink to much it drips from my right side. lips. and i have to swallow a lot more. feel jaw muscles get tired easily. i took tme to write this read al the sticks pray for everybody with this hellblund desase

Don't sound like ALS to me but why would you believe us when you don't believe your doctor

i am scared to ad full symtomps and i hope it is mimic like desease . feel like my head hang forward. when i look in mirror sometikes toes left foot curl when im lying in couch. when my friends see this i make jokes about it but im scared. still i have hope and think if it is what it is i shouldnt worry to much. left foot feels boneym says my girlfriend. left shoulder hangs but i see like smal atrophy.

See what I mean

BASHO: You don't have ALS. Nothing you said is ALS. Believe your doctors.

ALS doesn't start as an "all over" disease. It starts slowly, quietly in one area. Most PALS don't even initially realize they have it. What you describe sounds like you've been reading up on ALS in its most advanced stage - and you've decided to think up every little symptom you think you have and turn it into ALS. You DO NOT have ALS. Listen to your doctor, and I don't mean Dr. Google.

thanks for taking the time to respond. it started in my left tricep. in the gym i found out that i could not raise soke weights while training my left tricep. it didnt get tired i just couldnt do the excercise later this also hplappend to my left shoulder. thus shoulder also got smallee. the docter said i shoukd not worry cause of age. but i know about cases involving people ubder 30. it wasnt that the weaknes suddenly was over all. its like its spreading and progressifly getting worse. the toes of my left foot are curling when i lay in bed. my left tricep also has kind of disapeared. hands are feeling boney like also left arm

i would go with the dr. if they can't find what's wrong with you. no one can.. i don't think there is any here....... is their a doctor in the house

We told you over and over again that it is not ALS. Please go away! Nobody else respond to him. This has gone on long enough. He won't listen to us. He will go on and on forever otherwise with new symptoms and questions.

wow skipper. i did not expect this reaction. my questions are serious so are my symptons. if u say i dont have als that also is a diagnosis. i thought none of you were doctors who were not going to diagnose me. here ib my country there was a guy whose onset was similair and they did not find anything except after 13 months. is it so strange for me with my symptons to worry about what is happening in my body.

i just read about the husband of somebody that wrote that her husband may he rest in peace had symptons for years before diagnose. so please if u have nothing to add to this thread based on the question please dont post. i know it costs energie so dont waste it here plz.

bacho you have had all the answers we can give you.

I hope you will work with your doctors now and stay away from the internet as it won't help. Yes my husband had symptoms a long time before diagnosis, but I am glad we lived happily all that time as it all changes when you know you are terminal. There is no treatment, so go live your life, if it's ALS there's nothing to be done about it. If not, then your doctors can treat your anxiety and that is a wonderful thing.

If you took time to read other threads here by other anxiety ridden people you should have expected this reaction in truth.

All the best, we are done, you are doing yourself a favour not to respond further.

oke thanks affected for responding. yes i have been readin for a long time on this forum and actually i did not expect this type of responses. my bad i guess... i have anxiety yes. but this came after tings started happening to me. but i get it i wont post anymore.
hope yall have a nice day may god be with you.

-bacho

Just in case you come back to read some more, this is what I'm posting now for those "under 30 DIHALS":

The incidence of ALS is roughly 2 in every 100,000 . . . and of that . . . only 5% are diagnosed prior to the age of 30 . . . and the further away from 30 you are, the more diminished your chances.

So let's do some numbers:

2/100,000 is 0.002% chance (which is about the same chances of getting hit by lightning according to the Red Cross).

Now let's take your age into consideration. Again, only 5% are diagnosed prior to age 30, so to get that percentage, simply take 0.002% and multiply it by 5% (i.e. 0.05). That gives a percentage of 0.0001% or a 1 in million chance . . . and that's at best. Again, the further away from 30 you are, the more diminished your chances".

ECpara, you need to add to your stats a final line - please don't reply to these statistics ...

ECpara : Just to add for those who thinks of bulbar under 30 (including me at times) - 25% of 1 in 1 million.... i.e. 1 in 4 million....

affected: Sorry, could not control.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back