Other
Country
SWE
State
sKÅNE
City
Lund
Hi!
I just need to tell my story. I am 20 years old, currently a student on a university in sweden.

About 2 month ago my right triceps started to twtich, it twtiched like 1 min each 3 days for about 2 weeks. I started to get scared so i searched up twtiching and i found out about als. As soon as i read that, my whole body started to twitch. Im getting random twtiches everywhere, from my left triceps to my thumb, from my stomack to my neck, shoulder etc. I have had this for about 2 month now. I have also started to notice that i am weaker on my right triceps. I went to the gym today and every excercise i do (involving triceps) i feel that my right triceps is the first muscle to fail. For example, if i do 4x8 benchpress im failing at rep 6 because my right triceps is failing. Im getting so scared.......iv contacted a Neurologist, but i will probably not get an appointment for about 3 month or so. :(

Relax. You don't have ALS.

In ALS, your muscles become paralyzed, limp and useless. You're still lifting weights. So you don't have ALS.
In ALS, you don't get to rep 1, because the nerve that sends the signal to the muscle is destroyed.
Normal people twitch. It happens. Especially when you're nervous, anxious, or stressed.
I've seriously considered every symptom you wrote, and none of it suggests ALS. That not the way ALS comes on.

I can't diagnose you because I'm not a doctor. But I know ALS fairly well, and you definitely don't have it.

You are a perfect example of how anxiety works.
"As soon as i read that, my whole body started to twitch."
Do you see the relationship?

And the longer you stay on this site, or research the internet, the more anxious you will become and the more you will twitch. And then you will develop all the other symptoms you read about.

That's why PERCEIVED weakness doesn't count--only CLINICAL weakness. (Clinical weakness is weakness that can be seen and measured by a neurologist in the clinic.)

Nothing you write about sounds like ALS. Stop dwelling on fatal diseases or see your PCP and discuss your health anxiety with him.

You didn't pay any attention to the stickies. You don't have ALS. So, please don't stick around any longer. You are only 20 years old you need to find better ways to spend your time then googling about diseases that you don't have. Go to a doctor for your answers to the rest of your medical issues. We have now answered you. If you have anxiey please see a psychiatrist as well. Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back