Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IL
City
Tinley Park
Hello and kudos to everyone, I want to first start by saying my heart goes out to everyone that has been affected by this disease in any way, the reason I am posting here today is I have been feeling some symptoms recently that might similar of that to ALS/Bulbar.

Syptoms:

*Messing up /slurring some of my words. ex: meant to say girl came our as gurl, car came out as cal.

* I feel like I need to swallow twice to get liquids down/ I also burp.

*Sometimes feeling food is getting stuck on the way down. ex: crumbs, little seeds from berries

*Jaw gets tired when eating tough meats or very large meals.

* Body wide fasculations.

Details about me:
Male

Medical history: Cerebral aneurysm that was clipped, slight GERD, anxious at times.
I understand I can't have a diagnosis on this website I'm just looking for some thoughts on my sypmtoms, I am making my appointment tomorrow to see my gp. Again I thank you for any replies and they are greatly appreciated. :)

Re: In need of some clarity

Keep your appointment, but don't be surprised if, when you mention ALS, your doctor tries to hide a giggle.

You have common anxiety symptoms--or they could be something else, thousands of possibilities.

ALS is really rare. Bulbar is even more rare. In a 21-year-old, nearly unheard of.

Focus on common things, not the rarest of rare.

It's best to come back and ask questions once your GP has done a thorough check, referred you to a neurologist and you have some testing done by experts and can tell us what they say.

Doesn't sound like ALS, so go with an open mind, at 21 it is highly unlikely, and I mean HIGHLY unlikely.

All the best

>but don't be surprised if, when you mention ALS, your doctor tries to hide a giggle

Ditto that!

I appreciate the speedy response thank you very much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back