Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Fulton
Hi All,

I just wanted some insight before my doctors appointment on the 17th. For the passed 3 years, I have had widespread muscle twitching all over my body, including my tongue, arms, legs, feet, hands, face, neck, and in the torso. The muscle twitching started out in my eyelid and I went straight to doctor google and of course, ALS came up along with BFS. I personally want to believe it's BFS because all my symptoms correspond with it based off the wikipedia site. The twitches then quickly moved to all over my body. Along with my muscle twitching for 3 years, I have also suffered from ice-pick beadaches. You all may be asking, "Why did you wait 3 years?" Simple answer is this, I didn't have health insurance. Trust me, I wish I had insurance then because my mind would be in a hell of a lot better place than it is now.

A little bit about my background. Around this same time, I started working nights, 11pm to 7am Sunday to Friday. Obviously, I'm tired all the time because of it. My diet has been absolutely terrible since. I mostly eat junk, and a good meal here and there isn't as often as I know it should and I know I am not dehydrated because all I drink is water. I know I am probably lacking all the right vitamins and minerals for a healthy person. I'm a 26 year old male and have been very healthy in the past. The only problem that I have had my whole life is anxiety and I was diagnosed as a hypochondriac years ago. My anxiety doesn't start though until I notice something going on in my body like the twitch in my eyelid. All of these symptoms do come and go for the most part. It's not like I've had these everyday since it started. My aunt has fibromyalgia and I know that can be genetic, but for a 26 year old male I doubt that's what it is because of my muscle twitching, especially in my tongue.

Fast forward to present day...I have now noticed cramps in the arches of my feet and my fingers. Other symptoms I have felt are the charlie horse like pain in my left thigh, burning sensations pretty much all over along with stabbing pains. I also get the pins and needles feeling, but not too often. However, I do get it a lot when I'm sleeping or in a certain position, like sitting on the toilet. haha Speaking of the toilet, I'm fighting a c diff infection right now and have been for the past month. They put me on Flagyl and I felt as though the cramps got worse when i was on that. At times, I also feel tingly in my face and in other parts of my body. All of my twitching is visible as far as I can tell. I also have general muscle/joint pain. One day i did notice that my skin was painful to the touch on both of my calves after I got out of work one day. It felt as though someone had 10 needles and stabbed my skin at once when I touched my calves. However, these stmptoms still do come and go but not as often as it did when my problems started. One of the last things I wanted to touch on was muscle weakness and muscle atrophy. I have not noticed any muscle atrophy, but I have noticed that my leg and arm muscles have more of a "tired" feeling, but it's pretty much easy to overcome. I can still do all the normal things I was able to before this all started. I have also felt my legs feel stiff, but I'm thinking that's all due to my anxiety because it has happened a lot since my anxiety started when I was about 8 years old.

I will stop here for today, because I'm sure most of you don't want to hear about this...but I was just looking for some insight on my issues and if someone thinks this could be ALS or something else, like ms or whatever. Trust me, I will be asking to get help for my anxiety no matter what is found on the 17th because I know this is an unhealthy way to live life. I hope you all have a great day and thanks for reading my post.

-RYAN

First, Ryan, you don't have ALS, so don't worry about that. Read the sticky note at the top of this subforum to find out why.
Second, although we know ALS pretty well, we aren't doctors and we don't try to diagnose people. There are other websites that do that.

Good luck with your doctor visit.

Ryan,
You don't have ALS and it is quite obvious from your posts that you didn't read the stickies completely. Good luck with your Dr's appointment but I'm sorry that we can't really help you anymore on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back