Reason
Other
Country
BG
State
Sofia
City
Sofia
Hello i am 20 years old. From several days maybe 1 week i have dizziness, headaches and my right leg and hand became extremely weak. I can still; make push ups , i can walk and run but i feel them VERY weak. I went to MRI scan whjich was clear except a small cyst 9mm in the pinneal gland which the doctor told me that it is usually not a big deal and it shouldn't be treated. My question is could that weakness be some kind of early ALS symptom?

push ups and running. i wish i could do that.

push ups and running. i wish i could do that.

are u guys really dying ? As wikipedia says because wikipedia said that MS also leads to death and invaldiation but my father has it for 40 years and he is not impaired and he doesnt even treat himself for 20 yaers now so my doctors said taht there is a lot of fake info there on the internet. Is it true that this desease is highly deadly ?

What really scares me from ALS is that from 1 week i began progressively to feel weak in my right hand and right leg. Muscles get tired extremely fast like i have ran 5 kms ... even when i do physical tasks i feel that feeling like they are extremely tired... I havem uscle twitching but muscle twitching is something that absolutely every person has...

You do not have ALS and obviously your father does not either. Please leave this forum NOW!
Do you realize how insensitive and insulting it is to ask terminally ill people if they are "really dying?"

Read the stickies for this subforum. Your question was answered there. Asking people with limited abilities and time to answer questions that have already been answered in a statement for you guys to read is pure laziness.

I didn't want to be offensive I just thought that it is something like MS you know all people talk MS is very bad condition you die .... etc but nobody dies and I really hoped that you guys will be not that bad too. I just want all of you to be healthy. If there is anything i can help i would do it... Dont get me wrong I really wish you all live the best moments possible. Remember that only the one who has never been born is not sick ;). Actually MS is also terminal illness its not treated i really hope that in and year or two you guys will find the way to be cured. Once cancer was not curable but it is now . Once again i am very sorry for saying this i didnt want to make you angry actually if i was God i would have made all people healthy and happy i wouldnt allow anyone to suffer but god always has its purpose. Believing in god makes miracles trust me.

[ there is a lot of fake info there on the internet ]

that's why you need to see a dr then asking on the internet. like dalvin said try reading the stickies that might help.

[ there is a lot of fake info there on the internet ]

that's why you need to see a dr then asking on the internet. like dalvin said try reading the stickies that might help.

i will and again everything good i wish you all!head up nobody is dying! Soon this will be cured you know many people donate money for creating a medicine or therapy. I asked many doctors if i might have it but nobody even lsitens to me when i say ALS they just laugh at me and i keepi feeling my arm and leg so weak ... My finger on my right hand a trembeling when i hold something in it. I still have power but its really weaker it gets tired faster thats why i asked you guys because doctors dont really take me serious.

I also wish you everything good believe me!

Hi Eastman,

Yes, ALS is really one hundred percent fatal. And total body paralysis. And inability to eat, drink, swallow, or eventually, to breathe. It's not MS. It's not curable, and research is a long, long way from finding a cure. Every person on this forum is dealing with the total loss of everything and the disease itself is quite tortuous in very scary sorts of ways.

Cheerleader was quite correct to say that a lot of us are offended by comments such as yours. And no, God does not always have a purpose.

The good news is: You don't have ALS at all. No way, no how. If you are worried about having ALS, you should get life insurance. As it is, your doctors are correct.

i know someone with ms. they got real sick when it hit them. almost died from it at the time. it took about ever thing from them all at ones. no one in there family ever had it. it's been about 30 years now and there still going.

Hi Eastman,

Yes, ALS is really one hundred percent fatal. And total body paralysis. And inability to eat, drink, swallow, or eventually, to breathe. It's not MS. It's not curable, and research is a long, long way from finding a cure. Every person on this forum is dealing with the total loss of everything and the disease itself is quite tortuous in very scary sorts of ways.

Cheerleader was quite correct to say that a lot of us are offended by comments such as yours. And no, God does not always have a purpose.

The good news is: You don't have ALS at all. No way, no how. If you are worried about having ALS, you should get life insurance. As it is, your doctors are correct.

Thank you I hope you are right. I am so young , 20 years old I have barely seen anything from life and just the thought of having ALS kills me and frightens me to death. I just read about the sickness. I must say that this is certainly scary especially for a young guy like me (hipohondriac). I just couldnt explain the weaknnes in left arm and leg because i had good MRI. Thats why i came here to ask what are the symptoms when should I be concerned for having such things. Believe me here in my coutnry there is no doctor that will ever pay attention on you if you tell him such diagnosis they will just laugh at you and send you out they really think that this is just a myth so please dont blame me for not knowing what really is this...

and i am really scared because what i know from the little people who have this they all start like this... with some sort of weakness in a hand or leg and that muscle twitching which i have (but many people have it ). What concerns me is that it is on the same hand and leg that are weak and happens to rearely to the other leg.

it sounds like you got something out of place. like in your back. i have done a lot of bad stuff to my self in the past. i would loss my right lag and go down even my arms and hands sometime. that was not from als. that was me being out of place. a good mri is what it sounds like what you need.

I have a good mri but i know that mri not always shows ALS., How can i distinguish ALS symtpoms from sth else. (especially that excessive muscle twitching on my right leg) . Why do you think i dont have it ? I mean i just want to know one reason that suggest i dont have it :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back