Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
WA
State
Washington
City
North Bend
I have been clinically diagnosed with right leg Drop Foot.

I have been.clinically diagnosed with muscle atrophy in same leg.

I have been clinically diagnosed with right hand weakness.

There is now proven no nerve damage outside of my spinal chord.

Opinions please.

You're worried, and I would be, too.

I can only offer you some hope. There are other things, other motor neuron diseases, that are not fatal. That much I'm sure of.

In fact, the simultaneous paralysis of foot and hand sounds NOT like ALS. To my limited knowledge, ALS progresses up from the feet, paralyzing the foot, then leg, other foot, other leg, and then moving to the hands. I could be wrong, but that's my input. I'm not 100% sure of it.

Another interesting thing is that you said there is no damage outside your spinal cord. I'm not really sure what that means. The upper motor neurons, to my understanding, are in the brain, and the lower motor neurons, I believe, are in the brain stem. To be ALS, both LMN and UMN need to be affected/destroyed.

In short, there may be other problems you might have, instead of ALS.

Good luck to you.

I'm impressed you're back after saying the following of this Forum,

("Does it bother you that I actually gave good advice/ Or do you have to be in your special death club to share an opinion.")

("Most of you people here are pretentious.")

("But I really fear becoming one of you bitter people.")

("God forbid this does turn out to be a MND I'll steer clear of this "special douchebag club")

Not that I would want one but I do believe an apology is in order to the rest of the ALS members on this Forum.

>Not that I would want one but I do believe an apology is in order to the rest of the ALS members on this Forum

Ditto that!

and yes that wasdone with two hotkeysZ!

>Not that I would want one but I do believe an apology is in order to the rest of the ALS members on this Forum

Ditto that!

and yes that wasdone with two hotkeysZ!

Double Ditto........................

I'm impressed you're back after saying the following of this Forum,

("Does it bother you that I actually gave good advice/ Or do you have to be in your special death club to share an opinion.")

("Most of you people here are pretentious.")

("But I really fear becoming one of you bitter people.")

("God forbid this does turn out to be a MND I'll steer clear of this "special douchebag club")

Not that I would want one but I do believe an apology is in order to the rest of the ALS members on this Forum.

@TheMackle - this past weekend has seen a lot of anger and nasty posts on here, some that have moved me to tears.

Yes, you could say that I am in the 'special deathclub' as you term it. However, I am more than proud to be part of a club that I didn't want to sign up to because the people here who are living with this death sentence are perhaps the most significant supportive and helpful people in my life right now. They KNOW exactly what I am living with (the emphasis being on LIVING!)

I am not pretentious but yes I do get bitter and I get angry, for everything in my future that I will miss out on. If that does not fit in with your ideal as to how PALS and CALS should deal with this disease then tough! Try telling your children that you want to make this Christmas special because it may be your last, try accepting that you won't be around to see your 2 year old grandaughter grow to go to school, try telling your husband that you really don't mind that he is going to have to help you with the most intimate of care giving

I don't know you and you don't know me, you are not in anyway/shape or form qualified to make the posts that you have.

Jan, a touching response! I truly hope you DO see that granddaughter start school and have more Christmases with your family! And if not, know your family will ALWAYS have the memories of a brave, loving woman who had the courage to live the life she had with grace and spirit! Donna

>I don't know you and you don't know me, you are not in anyway/shape or form qualified to make the posts that you have.

:)

My weakness started in my left wrist & hand about 3 yrs ago, continued up the arm and then to the left ankle.

Interesting.

This last post by TheMackel was also his last log on to this forum... he's not been back to reap the fruits of his labor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back