Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
WA
State
Washington
City
North Bend
After 2 years and 40 some odd tests, I can put anyones mind at ease if for some reason you think you might have ALS.

I wil l never bore you with the "list" I will however start at the most recent past in a moment, But first.....

This is my very first post on medical board. I read them for years. I have anxiety. BIG TIME!

1) Trust the Medical PROFESSIONALS! The studied long and hard to know more than you bit the human body. Quit speculating see a doctor. If you cant afford one, trust me if a horrible symptom shows up you will know and the worst thing that can be you were SLIGHTLY not diagnosed a little sooner. YOU ARE FINE NOW!

2) DO not post on these sites if you have not had ONE doctor suspect this horrid sentence.See rule 1.

3) Life is a glorious gift to be enjoyed right now. Not tomorrow for tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Stop worrying while you waste away your life. Lets say you do have ALS, do you want to spend the last possible vibrant moments like this....in worry?

After many anxiety symptoms were removed last month my doctor and I over looked my dropped foot for the past 7 months. I inadvertently masked the real deal with my anxiety.

Since I have had 3 brain MRI (WML) 2 spinal taps MS work up one had banding but not 2. Lupus, Lyme, all cancer. Clean Cervical, Thoracic and my last lumbar was clean a year ago.
Fasciculations Ive had and I told no doctor until THEY noticed it.

All of my work up is almost complete, Last night I had a pelvis and lumbar MRI. After my second EMG we found my dropped foot was not in my knee, I am not diabetic, I do not cross my legs. The EMG doctor said not knee and she suspects the obvious, Maybe Periformis or my Sacrolumbar plexus is jacked. I have no back pain. Actually no pain at all . No pins and needles and I am at peace. Why?

Because I trust the people smarter than me now and I used to not...like you. But I let go.

Today my neurologist informed me that the Pelvis MRI came back clean. Lumbar "still pending"

So, That was my journey up to NOW.

Tomorrow I WILL wake up and make the best of my day like I always have. I will with my spasms that torture my muscles, beg that i can operate my right foot and try to ignore the "twitches" in my calfs.

If my Lumbar MRI comes clean. This will get very real. But that is not today and tomorrow is none of my business.

Unless I missed something, I am pretty sure they will fine tooth comb this last MRI. If the damage to my nerves in my leg (only lower extremities tested) and drop foot are not caused by peripheral nerve damage or diabetes or spine issues MND must be CONSIDERED.

Even if tomorrow I find out my lumbar is clean , I will not accept that I as my diagnoses. Because I will get a second opinion.

I just my doctors way more than google. I only have today. Find your peace of mind. Worry will make everything worse.

Peace.

Good post. Best of luck to you in finding help for your health issues. Sounds like you have a wonderful attitude about life. Keep it up. We all know it's far from easy.

After 2 years and 40 some odd tests, I can put anyones mind at ease if for some reason you think you might have ALS.

I wil l never bore you with the "list" I will however start at the most recent past in a moment, But first.....

This is my very first post on medical board. I read them for years. I have anxiety. BIG TIME!

1) Trust the Medical PROFESSIONALS! The studied long and hard to know more than you bit the human body. Quit speculating see a doctor. If you cant afford one, trust me if a horrible symptom shows up you will know and the worst thing that can be you were SLIGHTLY not diagnosed a little sooner. YOU ARE FINE NOW!

2) DO not post on these sites if you have not had ONE doctor suspect this horrid sentence.See rule 1.

3) Life is a glorious gift to be enjoyed right now. Not tomorrow for tomorrow is not promised to anyone. Stop worrying while you waste away your life. Lets say you do have ALS, do you want to spend the last possible vibrant moments like this....in worry?

After many anxiety symptoms were removed last month my doctor and I over looked my dropped foot for the past 7 months. I inadvertently masked the real deal with my anxiety.

Since I have had 3 brain MRI (WML) 2 spinal taps MS work up one had banding but not 2. Lupus, Lyme, all cancer. Clean Cervical, Thoracic and my last lumbar was clean a year ago.
Fasciculations Ive had and I told no doctor until THEY noticed it.

All of my work up is almost complete, Last night I had a pelvis and lumbar MRI. After my second EMG we found my dropped foot was not in my knee, I am not diabetic, I do not cross my legs. The EMG doctor said not knee and she suspects the obvious, Maybe Periformis or my Sacrolumbar plexus is jacked. I have no back pain. Actually no pain at all . No pins and needles and I am at peace. Why?

Because I trust the people smarter than me now and I used to not...like you. But I let go.

Today my neurologist informed me that the Pelvis MRI came back clean. Lumbar "still pending"

So, That was my journey up to NOW.

Tomorrow I WILL wake up and make the best of my day like I always have. I will with my spasms that torture my muscles, beg that i can operate my right foot and try to ignore the "twitches" in my calfs.

If my Lumbar MRI comes clean. This will get very real. But that is not today and tomorrow is none of my business.

Unless I missed something, I am pretty sure they will fine tooth comb this last MRI. If the damage to my nerves in my leg (only lower extremities tested) and drop foot are not caused by peripheral nerve damage or diabetes or spine issues MND must be CONSIDERED.

Even if tomorrow I find out my lumbar is clean , I will not accept that I as my diagnoses. Because I will get a second opinion.

I just my doctors way more than google. I only have today. Find your peace of mind. Worry will make everything worse.

Peace.

Thank you kindly for the response. It was from years of anxiety and a few bouts of Psychogenic issues, I learned from people like you and others who actually live with this. I think it is a disservice to you all when us healthy people over react. But mostly you all still try to comfort those who are worry warts.

Like I said, tomorrow is none of my business. I pray for all of us...the inflected and the worrisome. Of course I truly hope that I do not get a diagnosis. But this journey has led me to a greater appreciation of the NOW.

I am 50 and live alone with a great dog. I no longer share with friends my health stuff until I get a final answer to my issues.

An assistant to the EMG doctor that ordered my MRI's (still no results on Lumbar) said she would get another practitioner to tell me tomorrow what is up.

Oddly enough that statically I am as close to a diagnosis of this that I have ever been BUT I am also at my greatest peace. It is so weird. After my second tap, I was more afraid of MS, and Lupus than I am now. I cannot explain this peace and lack of worry I feel. When in the past I would have totally lost it.

Thank you again for responding...much love and care, it is our attitude that separates a fruitful life and a one of worry.

I am not allowed to edit yet, I respond to my own post lol. ...See above...thanks!

Well, I just got a call from the docs office on my results.

Plexus bundle is fine, then they tell me I have slight degeneration in my L5-S1 normal for my age bit NO NERVE IMPINGEMENT. She went on to say (the assistant) They would like to see you Monday if you can. I said of course.

After we went over the details of my appointment it went like this.

Me: You are very nice and thank you for being so diligent with my response. I am not sure if you are allowed to answer this but...Since I have been through all of these tests, and its not my knee or back or all that other stuff. And nothing is impinging any nerve, what else can cause this paralysis in my leg.

Her:(after a sigh and pause) I am sorry sir I can't tell you that. Try to have a nice weekend and we will se you Monday Morning. The doctor will go over whats next.

I went on to thank her so much for her do diligence on helping me.

I hung up the phone and bawled my brains out.

That was an hour ago. I found my peace again. Not sure to make of this....BUT.

I am here now smiling as I type this. Because today at this moment I can see the stars, hug my friends and smell the flowers. Not so bad. Life is great, even when you are scared cripples about your immediate future.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

why do you say with als instead of for als...........possible it may e something else

Not sure what you mean. My Doc said last week it could be ALS but let's check the more likely. Tonight the more likely was eliminated. I assume you are not a doctor but what else is there? Clinically I have Drop Foot, dominant hand weakness, atrophy in the affected drop foot leg, fasciculations in my calfs and dominant arm tricep.

Trust me I do not want this. What the Motor Neuron diseases are there. No pain, no tremors. Whats left. And why did they call m e in ion th next business day?

Thanks for the response, I am here to be educated.

why do you say with als instead of for als...........possible it may e something else

Also being in the state of mind I am in now, I am not hip to the semantics:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back