Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
IN
City
Fountaintown
Hello everyone, I am 21 year old female normally very active. A couple weeks ago my whole body started to feel weak, simple tasks make my muscles shake and feel very weak. Now I have been having twicthing all over my body sometimes it last for hours and sometimes it will last hours , rest usually helps with my symptoms but sometimes it doesn't, I have been having muscle cramps all over my body mostly in my calves. I have had blood work done and everything was normal, so I would really love to hear your thoughts please :))

You didn't mention anything that would make me worry about ALS.
Twitches are not diagnostic of anything. They can be anything, or nothing at all.
Plus, in ALS, twitches don't happen all over at once at the beginning of the disease.
Cramps, too, certainly are not diagnostic of ALS. That's a big leap, from twitches and cramps to ALS.
General overall body weakness is simply not the way ALS attacks. Perhaps you're dehydrated or need vitamins?
Plus ALS is an old person's disease.

Think of this medical truism: "When you hear hootbeats, think horses, not zebras. It means you should look for the most common cause of twitches and cramps first. I'd say stress. Don't jump the other hundreds of diseases all the way to ALS.

Work with your doctor to fix this. We can't diagnose you here, except to say that you didn't list ALS symptoms.

Plus ALS is an old person's disease.

are you saying we all are old farts lol

No lol :) yea all my muscles are pretty weak even my face muscles

Is this a foot drop ?

Hi everyone so for about three weeks now I have had muscle cramping all over my body and twitches , but for the last week now I have had a weird sensation in my right foot if I walk for long periods at work the top part goes numb a little bit and it's harder to lift on my right side. I can still walk and move my foot but te top part where my ankle is kind of hurts and feels weird, is this signs of a foot drop ? I've gotten blood work done and it was clean

Hi.if bloods were good... als isn't remotely on you dr's mind..and shouldn't be on yours..leave the site and be happy, let your doc sort it out:)

I was curious though what does an als foot drop feel like at first does it cause a weird sensation or numbness because now I'm having that sensation in my foot and it is harder to lift than the other foot ?

No it does not " feel" like anything. You just fall flat on your face

Well -- Several of us have tried to share our experience with you and your fears.

The consensus seems to be that you need to resolve your issues with medical professionals and/or do not have ALS.

We do empathize with your fears, but there is no more we can help you with at this time.

This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just not on this forum. Stop being lazy and expecting people with limited abilities or time to give you answers to questions that have already been answered.

You asked, we answered, so please move on.

If you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. Make sure you tell your medical practitioner what you are feeling as well as how you are feeling.

No need to reply. Goodbye and best regards.

-----
Max
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back