Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
LA
City
Ball
Well, it's been a long time since I was here. For the ones that don't remember, I was having dizziness, twitching and problems with swallowing. Then I started having muscle cramps with some odd weakness feelings. Even some shortness of breath! Everyone scolded me good about going to a neuro and not just sitting around worrying about ALS. I was scared and did go to a neuro dr. I was told it wasn't ALS, but never told what was going on. I begin to believe it was panic disorder, like some on this forum told me. Well after years of searching for a answer and going to anoth neuro doctor, I've been told it's seizures! I have them at night only while sleeping. And had no idea, that was causesing all my problems. So I wanted to update everyone one here and for the ones thinking they have ALS, just because it looks to you that what your experiencing is ALS, doesn't make it so. I would never have believed seizures was my issue and now I know there are seizures that cause my issues. Go to a doctor or two and find answers and get help, I knew down inside something was wrong and it wasn't in my head. I'm glad I didn't listen to the ones that told me it was just all in my head. Be proactive in your health! Good luck to all the ones searching for answers, I hope your journey like mine leads to something other than ALS. And to the ones bravely battling this ugly diease....God bless and good luck.

Best of luck to you!

Glad to hear you've gotten an answer. Hope your treatment is successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back