Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
KS
City
Olathe
Sorry for the new thread, my first one was closed out. My apologies for the book I wrote in my first post. I just wanted to be thorough regarding my symptoms. I am seeing a neuro at end of November for body wide twitching, burning sensations throughout body, tingling, and an occasional electric feeling through my body. My question is about bulbar. Can it begin with a hoarse and nasally voice? I've had a hoarse and nasally voice, coughing, and dry mouth for several days. Don't want to panic but Dr. Google brings me back. Thanks

Are you kidding? Seriously,I have limb onset ALS and if I had 3 days of those symptoms I would be wondering who gave me the cold! NO it does not sound like bulbar ALS

Are you kidding? Seriously,I have limb onset ALS and if I had 3 days of those symptoms I would be wondering who gave me the cold! NO it does not sound like bulbar ALS

Sorry. It's been longer than 3 days. It's been about two weeks. I'm not trying to offend anyone. I was just asking.

> I've had a hoarse and nasally voice, coughing, and dry mouth for several days. Don't want to panic

I think it may be time to panic ... this could very well be ALS in its worst form (foaming bulbar). not seen often but definitely a possibility.

Sorry, Nikki,but time to run the dogs!

Attachments

• 20140702_105445.jpg
    20140702_105445.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 341
Sorry to waste everyone's time. No need to respond further. I'll see what happens with the neuro at the end of Nov. I should see a psychiatrist as well to get my anxiety under control. Again I'm sorry.

Please use me as an example for the anxiety ridden people who come here to bother you. I come here after most likely having a cold for the past few days. I can't even imagine what you all go through on a daily basis. Nikki & Max, thank you for your honesty and a kick in the ass.

Please use me as an example for the anxiety ridden people who come here to bother you.
\

Of course except the anxiety ridden people just blurt in with a thread that demonstrates total ignorance of ALS and then go on and on arguing with folks here who don't have the strength to deal with the daily hypochondria that comes here like a moth to flame.

What I find most bothersome are the blyth apologies offered up by your ilk that are so insincere that they are breathtaking. You and others don't give a rat's ass that you wasted the time and energy of others who have a finite supply of both so don't pretend.

Bulbar onset starts in the tongue. Your speech becomes slurred because you can't get your tongue in the proper position to form sounds. Hoarseness, nasally voice and coughing is not ALS until the end stages. Rest assured, you don't have ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back