Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ny
City
Beacon
I'm sorry to bother you guys I know you guys go thru a lot and are the strongest people I know
I been having some worries and been anxious about my symptoms I'm also 23 I been feeling for the last three weeks or so in my legs and icy hot sensation with vibrations also the vibrations happen when I lower my neck I been having tremors on my knees and arms and leg and arm weakness I also feel like I almost trip sometimes i just catch my self in time and I get headaches sometimes I also have pain in my right calf and a tingling sensation in arms I can lift anything I try to pick up but feel weak and also when I stand for long some times I feel knees wobblecan you guys please help me I'm so scared of this disease please help and I apologize for bothering you guys my neurologist appt. is nov19 is the closest appt I can get thank you guys

I've reported your post to be moved to the do I have forum where it belongs

You don't have ALS

Wait patiently to see your neurologist to be told the same thing.

all the best, stay away from here it is only going to freak you out and give your imaginary symptoms that are still not ALS (like the ones you report now) but will convince you that you do.

Try a health anxiety forum instead.

We are not the strongest people you know ... you don't know us!

Hi -- ALS/MND is a scary disease to consider/fear. We empathize. This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just so thoughts on how we can help each other ...

Here are some first considerations that may help:

#1 - Read the STICKIES at the top of this forum. Many questions are answered there. 99% of new questions are addressed.

#2 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for people with ALS. Some of us have to type with one hand, one finger, via dictation, or even with our eyes, so reading/replying to the anxiety-ridden can be very tiring.

#3 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#7 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

#8 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and/or can no longer speak. It is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. There seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. It is what leads many folks here to this forum -- it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can -- if you cannot stay away and off this forum it should tell you something important!

Lastly, if you are still interested, go to alsa dot org or mda dot org ...

We sincerely hope you do not need to be here! But find out first. If you do need to be here let me say "Welcome, sorry you are here!"

-----
Max - Monday, August 18, 2014 12:03:01 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

If you had bothered to read the stickies associated with this subforum your questions would have been answered and you would not have posted. They were answered there

I apologize but I couldn't find the stickies I have had health issues in the past (surgery on my head twice ) and I been really scare for another issue and my last surgery I bearly made it I apologize to you all for my stupid anxiety

Angel click at the top of this page , left side, ALS forums. It will take you to a list of categories. Go to the third one - do I have ALS and click. You will see the stickies there.

Angel, you don't have ALS, no way, no how. You might have a painful neuropathy, however, that a doctor should look at.

On this website, we know ALS really well, but don't know how to diagnose anything else.
For very good and practical reasons, we must focus only on those who might have ALS. You don't. So please blog about it somewhere else.
You really need a doctor to diagnose you. But be happy you don't have ALS.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back