Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Quebeq
City
Montreal
Default I think i got ALS.HELP PLEASE!

Hi my name is Nick and i am new to the forums.
So,long story short,5 months ago i started experiencing an awkward walking,(never had issues with walking or running,even after long distances).
Then,as months were passing,i started feeling weakness to the RIGHT side of my body.Heavy weak arm(as putting the cigarrete in my mouth feels weird,as the smoke is heavy),not impossible,but feels hard to do it.Started losing balance in my right foot(feels like i cant walk with my toes anymore).I never had a fall though,but its just getting worse and worse.If you put me to walk in a straight line,i will do it,but i have to focus,or else automatically if i walk,i keep walking in a right side like i am going rightwards and fall into a wall for example.My moves have became jerky,if you know what i mean,clumsy with lack of coordination,not normal,like moves you see from a drunk guy.Lately i experience shortness of breathe(like my right lung is not getting enough air,like i dont have enough air to pronounce a long sentence and my speech became slurry and my voice heavy.When i swallow anything,even my saliva,feels like everything is going down to the left side of my throat(the unaffected side).I don`t have any difficulties swalloing any kind of food yet,i don`t cough or getting choked as well.
The last days,typing in my keyboard has became difficult as well,my right fingers feel uncomortable when i do and i misstype a lot,as long as i am typing much slower(i was always typing clear and fast on my keyboard).I feel permament diziness and fatigue and my vision is not like it used to be,normal.The last two months i experience a lot of twitching in random parts of my right side of my body(especially when i go to bed and when i wake up and i am still in bed).
I can still do all the moves that my left side of my body does,but i do them 10-20% slower on my right side.
Untill now i went to a neurologist,and he had some tests done to me(you know balance and close eyes and touch your nose things and everything came out clear.Ct scan of my brain and MRI,all clear,but i`ve done a lot of research and homework about ALS and saw that MRI or Ct scan can not point that decease.I am freaked out,i am only 25 years old and i have dreams of my future,that a deadly desease may destroy everything,as long as affect my loved ones lives
I am very scared that i am in early stages of ALS as it`s only 5-6 months now and things are getting worse.
I know you are not goctors or gods guys,but based on your experience,whats your opinion ?

i dont wanna be disrespectful to the already diagnosed people here,and i empathize with them and I REALLY KNOW how strong you need to be,to get diagnosed and know that sooner or later,youre going to die from that MONSTER DESEASE,but still helping other people in forums and live your life proudly.I just got that feeling that i am going to be one of you soon guys,after i saw a video on youtube from a guy with the SAME EXACT FIRST EARLY SYMPTOMPS as mine,exact the same,then he got diagnosed and then boom...rip
Thank you in advance and may God be with you,whatever God means to anyone..

Have you had issues with your inner ear and/or vestibular nerve ruled out? Both these issues are treatable and has nothing to do with MND.

If you are cleared by a neurologist, there is a strong possibility that what you feel as 10-20% slower on one side is perceived. Is the weakness of one side of the body in any way confirmed by a neurologist or other medical professional?

Nothing you mention sounds like ALS. A hallmark sign of ALS is clinical weakness, not perceived, and you will not be cleared by a neurologist if you are symptomatic of ALS.

I would also recommend you to read the sticky of this section, good luck!

First, Nikola, I'd stop drinking and smoking and getting in fights. Good luck with that.
Second, I reread all your posts and it seems you don't have ALS.
There may be something going on, but it doesn't seem fatal.

Dear Kosmo thank you for the response.Yes,i read the stickies,or else i would be totally disrepesctfull to post my fears without reading them.I read them twice!My neurologist said that i am walking a staight line better than him,but he couldnt explain the weakness i feel in the one side of my body.He did those tests that he is pushing my legs downards and i have to push the opposite side and he didnt find anything suspicious.(but the moment i was doing it,i felt 100% my right leg was pushing weaker than the left one).A doctor can not feel what you feel in your own body,and can not say that messages your body is sending you every day.Doctors are simply humans guys,don`t make them gods.There are millions of people died from falsw diagnosis of doctors and i dont blame doctors,.I AM SO SURE of my weakness,i am not crazy,and i am very open-minded and have been through a lot in my life,always face them with logic,being cool(sorry for my broken english).
The stickies say:ITS NOT ABOUT FEELING WEAK,it`s about being IMPOSSIBLE to do it,but guys,i dont think that you woke up one day,and all out of a sudden you LOST your arm,or leg.It has to start somewhere,and slowly progress,right?

And Atsugi,i havent drunk anything 6 months now,since my last fight,and i barely smoke 1-2 smokes per day,just to clam myself down a bit,as i am alone in this fight,and dont be so cold about it,i am still 25 years old,havent any kids or marriage,havent even lived my life yet..

Have you had issues with your inner ear and/or vestibular nerve ruled out? Both these issues are treatable and has nothing to do with MND.

If you are cleared by a neurologist, there is a strong possibility that what you feel as 10-20% slower on one side is perceived. Is the weakness of one side of the body in any way confirmed by a neurologist or other medical professional?

Nothing you mention sounds like ALS. A hallmark sign of ALS is clinical weakness, not perceived, and you will not be cleared by a neurologist if you are symptomatic of ALS.

I would also recommend you to read the sticky of this section, good luck!

No the last time i went to the neurologist,one month ago,i didnt mention the 20% slower moves i do on one side,but even now that i am typing and i am doing some finger exercise tests,my right hands finger are going slower,and its very obvious..

In six months, the weakness you feel has not become notable to the doctor.
I would look at some diseases that are much more common than ALS. Especially since ALS is an old people disease and your'e only 25.

Doctors are not simply human. They're the kids in high school and college that made straight A's, and were never challenged by anything until medical school. They're highly trained experienced observers. Most importantly, your doctors are not talking about ALS.

Here's another perspective: If you do have ALS, what are you going to do about it? There's nothing to do about it. The first thing you'll need is a cane, then a wheelchair, then a way to eat and breathe.

Instead, live your life to the fullest, enjoy your holidays, enjoy your friends, and live day by day.

Follow your doctor's advice: They really do have a way to track down what is ailing you. What you present here sounds like you might have something going on, but it just doesn't sound like ALS to me, so stop worrying about it. You have plenty of other diseases you might get which are not fatal.

In six months, the weakness you feel has not become notable to the doctor.
I would look at some diseases that are much more common than ALS. Especially since ALS is an old people disease and your'e only 25.

Doctors are not simply human. They're the kids in high school and college that made straight A's, and were never challenged by anything until medical school. They're highly trained experienced observers. Most importantly, your doctors are not talking about ALS.

Here's another perspective: If you do have ALS, what are you going to do about it? There's nothing to do about it. The first thing you'll need is a cane, then a wheelchair, then a way to eat and breathe.

Instead, live your life to the fullest, enjoy your holidays, enjoy your friends, and live day by day.

Follow your doctor's advice: They really do have a way to track down what is ailing you. What you present here sounds like you might have something going on, but it just doesn't sound like ALS to me, so stop worrying about it. You have plenty of other diseases you might get which are not fatal.
Thank you for your responses sir,i really appreciate it.
How am i going to live my life to the fullest,when i am 25 years old and i cant go out for a drink because i feel weak and dizzy all the time?.When i cant go to the park to have fresh air or when i try to work out my body by exercising and i get exhausted after 10mins?When i cant see well and generally when all the other teens around you are perfectly fine and full of energy and life?Easy to say..
Plus nba stars are the highest trained basketball players,but they can still miss,right?
Why not doctors..Human body is the most complicated system on earth

If they missed a disease, it was probably one of the hundreds of other nonfatal, curable diseases.
We're telling you it doesn't present like ALS.
If I were you, I would go find a forum that might be a match for your disease.

If they missed a disease, it was probably one of the hundreds of other nonfatal, curable diseases.
We're telling you it doesn't present like ALS.
If I were you, I would go find a forum that might be a match for your disease.
Would you mind and spend some time and describe me your very first symptomps sir?
If not,i understand,it`s ok,i know it`s really frustrating talking about it,i am not the silly kiddo you think

My wife had ALS. She tripped. Fell over for no reason. Needed a cane to keep herself steady. No other symptoms than that. She died nine months later, totally locked in to a fully paralyzed and limp body, unable to eat, speak, or take a deep breath, so not even her eyes would move.

I don't think you're being silly. I think you're looking for support in the wrong place.

My wife had ALS. She tripped. Fell over for no reason. Needed a cane to keep herself steady. No other symptoms than that. She died nine months later, totally locked in to a fully paralyzed and limp body, unable to eat, speak, or take a deep breath, so not even her eyes would move.

I don't think you're being silly. I think you're looking for support in the wrong place.
wowww,nine months is really fast,first time i hear such a fast death
i am sorry for your lose
may she finds peace wherever she went

i dont wanna be disrespectful to the already diagnosed people here,and i empathize with them and I REALLY KNOW how strong you need to be,to get diagnosed and know that sooner or later,youre going to die from that MONSTER DESEASE,

NO ONE knows how they are going to die. You have a choice on how you are going to live your life. It sounds like you are living your life in fear - no bueno. I have kids and if they were facing fears I would tell them to quit feeling sorry for themselves, man up, and move on. If you disagree with your doctor telling you that you don't have ALS, go find another doctor. See a doctor's advice until you get a diagnosis that you agree with.

You were told by us that we don't think you have ALS. We aren't doctors and aren't qualified to give you anymore information. So, please take the rest of your questions elsewhere. Because, this is a ALS Support Group. It is for people who have questions regarding ALS, for support for people with ALS, and support for their friends and loved one's who care about them. Don't think you fit in any of those catergories and we already answered you. This isn't google a doc so please move on and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back