Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Orlando
I am fearful I have ALS. I am an inactive 22 year old female. I have a herniated disk in my lower spine that may be pinching a nerve. Once tested positive for ANA, thought to be lupus. Tested negative a second time and ruled out. I also have "hyperactive reflexes". When this was discovered, an MRI was done of my brain. I was told the only findings in the brain MRI showed that "although most likely signs of a growing young mind, MS is small possibility" and was told to see a neurologist and to have a follow-up MRI in 6 months. I lost my insurance after this as the pain from the herniated disk was so severe that I was forced to quit my job. Needless to say I have been unable to have any follow-ups, and have since began suffering from all-over muscle twitching. It began as localized in my right index finger and has since spread to my legs, arms, feet, hands, and face. Most commonly occurring in my calves. I have experienced light cramping also in my calf and bottom of my foot. I have "muscle weakness" in my legs, only notable when climbing up stairs. But as previously stated, I have been incredibly inactive since my back injury.

I suffer from severe anxiety and obsessive thought patterns. This has brought me to where I am today, writing on this forum terrified that I have such a horrendous disease at such a young age. I plan on finding new insurance and seeing a neuro, however that is very far off and the only doctor I have at the moment would be Google. (Whom of which everyone knows is not a very reliable doctor!)

The muscle twitching, although more widespread since it began, is less persistent. The twitches last maybe a second, usually like a "jumping" feeling in smaller muscles in my legs.

While I still find MS to be a possibility, I have never heard of such muscle twitching in cases of MS.

Any advice or sharing of similar experiences would be greatly appreciated.

Go read the stickies associated with this sub forum. All your questions have been answered there. Your post shows that you did not read them so don't say you did

Nothing you posted sounds like ALS. Why would you think, even for a second, that it was ALS? Many of your symptoms point AWAY from ALS.

As Dalvin said, read the sticky at the top of this subforum. You don't have ALS.

there is a lot of twitches that comes on here. i would say it's to much caffeine. but im not dr dave here

You didn't read the stickies. You don't have ALS. You lost my attention as soon as you wrote you had anxiety. You sound identical to every other 20 year old something that posts on here. Yep, I agree probally too much caffeine or another stimulant?

Well -- Several of us have tried to share our experience with you and your fears.

The consensus seems to be that you need to resolve your issues with medical professionals and/or do not have ALS.

We do empathize with your fears, but there is no more we can help you with at this time.

This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just not on this forum.

You asked, we answered, so please move on.

If you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. Make sure you tell your medical practioner what you are feeling as well as how you are feeling.

No need to reply. Goodbye and best regards.

-----
Max
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back