Country
TH
State
Bkk
City
Bangkok
Dear All,

Dear All,

Im 32 years old and I have been suffering from various symptoms for the past 3 months, it started with some twitching and a feeling of weakness in my arms and legs, was getting tired easily and having trouble sleeping, went to see a few different doctors and eventually had an MRI done which was normal, when the symptoms didn't improve i had an EMG around a month ago which was normal as well ( the doctor performed a Nerve conduction test on both sides of my body) and EMG on my arm, hand, thigh and leg which was normal due to that he didn't do the rest of my body. I have also had my ANA profile done sometime back which was normal. The problem is that in the past week the symptoms have gotten worse and my shoulders feel very tired and heavy, there's also pressure in my biceps and pain around my arms and hands, there's also some pain in my legs especially behind and around my knees, i also feel that sometimes it gets a bit tiring to lift certain items for long period of time such as holding my phone etc... I am not sure what could be causing it, the only issue the doctors initially found with me was i had a very low Vitamin D levels for which i have been taking medication for the past 2 and half months.

Also i want to apologise in advance for the time that i am taking up, i know most of the people on here are actually suffering from this terrible disease and its irritating to have to explain this over and over again to people like me.

Any feedback or advice would be much appreciated

Sorry you are having issues. But, I doubt it is ALS that is going on. Have you carefully read all of our stickies?

Thanks for your reply and Patience Skipper, I have read all the stickies but wasn't sure if my symptoms were progressing to ALS or something else, was hoping somebody might have experienced similar symptoms and would be able to help me understand what might be going on.

twitching >>> Could be anything, or nothing at all. Usually a sign of stress.
feeling of weakness, getting tired easily, having trouble sleeping >>> not signs of ALS
EMG was normal >>> rules out ALS
my shoulders feel very tired >>> can be tense from stress
pressure in my biceps, pain around my arms and hands, pain in my legs >>> >>> here's your tension

Robb, you don't have ALS. Don't know what the problem is, but it could be stress-related, causing tense muscles and sleep problems leading to overall weak and tired feeling.

Thanks very much for your feedback and patience Atsugi, glad to hear that my symptoms point away from ALS, will visit a doctor if it gets worse in order to find out what else might be causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back