Learn about ALS
Country
BRA
State
são paulo
City
franca
good Morning
know I've bothered, ya know too many of the difficulties in using the computer, but something very strange happened today, I had a sharp pain in his right shoulder that erradiou to the arm, after using an ointment for pain noticed he
was weak, heavy, looks like I'm feeling difficulties to raise it above my head, I'm still not weakness in the hand, but I'm afraid of being early als, I am very afraid here, as never was.
(remembering that I fasciculation by the body, this'm having several days in the elbow region)
att
netimus

Hi -- ALS/MND is a scary disease to consider/fear. We empathize. This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just so thoughts on how we can help each other ...

Here are some first considerations that may help:

#1 - Read the STICKIES at the top of this forum. Many questions are answered there. 99% of new questions are addressed.

#2 We are not doctors or diagnosticians, but people who are dying from or caring for people with ALS. Some of us have to type with one hand, one finger, via dictation, or even with our eyes, so reading/replying to the anxiety-ridden can be very tiring.

#3 if you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

#4 an EMG, properly done, is the gold standard test for ALS. But also, an abnormal EMG can indicate HUNDREDS of other, non-fatal, diseases. So listen to your doctor.

#5 ALS does NOT present with pain, cramps, or fatigue. In ALS, you feel perfectly normal but your muscles simply won't work. Typically, the first sign of ALS is a foot or a hand that inexplicably just won't lift up. It doesn't hurt or feel weak, it just is limp. That is paralysis.

#6 ALS is about failing, not feeling, so forget the "feeling" symptoms

#7 If your main issue is twitching go to the bfs forum. If you have weird neuro symptoms try neurotalk. There are also forums for health anxiety.

#8 Your doctor is wise to look at other diseases. ALS is rare. In order for it to be ALS, it has to be nothing else.

#9 Many of us cough/gag/choke and/or can no longer speak. It is difficult to have anxious people constantly chasing this disease, when we can't escape it. There seems to be this cult of ALS wannabees/groupies. You don't want to fall into that bucket do you?

#10 Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. It is what leads many folks here to this forum -- it is a self-fueling fire. Try to avoid using google and/or this forum if you can -- if you cannot stay away and off this forum it should tell you something important!

Lastly, if you are still interested, go to alsa dot org or mda dot org ...

We sincerely hope you do not need to be here! But find out first. If you do need to be here let me say "Welcome, sorry you are here!"

-----
Max - Monday, August 18, 2014 12:03:01 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Sounds like an orthopedic issue. Sharp pain is not the beginning of ALS. See your physician and please get help for your anxiety too

Funny then that I realized that this pain right this frank my shoulder, so he begins to shake up

It doesn't sound a thing like a ALS issue. I agree that it's most likely a ortho issue. Sound a little bit on the lines of what I'm going thru right now. A frozen shoulder which is very painful and rotator cuff tendoninitis. I think your problems lies something along those lines. See your primary physician. We only have knowledge on ALS matters. You don't have it and we aren't doctors so we can't help you anymore. Good luck to you.

....and you are in the process of being diagnosed with ALS? hello?

let me explain right now dawn had a strong shoulder pain, an anesthetic ointment used in place hum and took muscle relaxant, but felt this pain from my shoulder weaker now in the bath to wash his head he noticed some difficulty raising arm, I'm really scared here at the moment, I think my time has come with als.

You don't listen to a damn thing anyone says. You don't have ALS period. So, ask your doctor what is going on and not us. I'm losing my patience with you and I'm sure everyone else is as well. I can't raise my arm either. It's a frozen shoulder in my situation. Could be something similiar going on with you as well. But, we aren't dr's so find someone who is. You don't belong here and have worn out your welcome in my opinion.

I have read back carefully on your posts that started in January 2013 and you keep coming back and using up the time and resources of people who are genuinely dying from this disease. Your way of coming back has become very rude as we cannot help you or babysit you through your issues.

We have told you over and over that you do not have symptoms of ALS and this has not changed.

You must stop posting here and work only with your doctors.

I wish you sincerely all the best in finding the real reason for your issues, it seems to me like anxiety but I am not a doctor.

ok, sorry, did not want to be inconvenient, a thousand excuses not bother the forum with my questions, grateful for the attention of todosque answered my questions.
Wishing you all the warmth of the world, you can be sure I know how to feel about the disease.
att
olimpio

ok, sorry, did not want to be inconvenient, a thousand excuses not bother the forum with my questions, grateful for the attention of todosque answered my questions.
Wishing you all the warmth of the world, you can be sure I know how to feel about the disease.
att
olimpio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back