Reason
Other
Country
US
State
michigan
City
detroit
Hi everybody i need help im a 24yr old female the past two months ive had really bad symtomes it all started with a lump in my throat that went to my chest that lasted two days then went away the next day i got bad pins and needles feeling through out my whole body that lasted a month and a half and while i had the pins and needles ive also had body wide twitching non stop but more when my body is at rest muscle tightness in my thighs my fingers and also my feet been in and out the ER 7 times in 2 months went to see a neroligest did an emg in my arm came back normal...well this past week i was at work which i stand for 8hrs a night i work midnights ive tripped 2times in one week and also my nose wont stop leaking ive also been getting the feeling of bugs crawling on me had a bunch of blood work done everything came back normal amd also had an mri they found 2-3herniated disk in the neck neroligest said it was very mild and should not cause any pain...can sombody please help me my family doctor blames it all on anxiety...can this all be cause by anxiety....please comments would be very much appreciated. God bless all

I can say with certainty that you don't have ALS.

- 24yr old >>> TOO YOUNG for ALS.
- lump in my throat ... lasted two days then went away >>> ALS NEVER goes away.
- pins and needles feeling >>> Not a sign of ALS. Anxiety, yes.
- body wide twitching >>> Not how twitching happens in ALS. Common in anxiety, though.
- tightness thighs fingers feet >>> ALS muscles don't get tight, they get loose, limp, useless.
- ER 7 times >>> Points to anxiety.
- emg in my arm came back normal >>> I'm not surprised at all.
- nose wont stop leaking >>> Has nothing to do with ALS.
- feeling of bugs crawling >>> This does not occur in ALS.
- family doctor blames it all on anxiety >>> Smart doctor.
- can this all be cause by anxiety....YES, absolutely, especially due to stress in a young person.

Fortunately, anxiety can be treated and cured with a simple pill and some therapy.
You don't have ALS at all.

Thank you so much i know i sound crazy but i cant stop crying i feel like im dying inside and when i tripped over my own feet last week my anxiety got worse im so scared im hyperventilating right now i cant get my mind off als cant sleep or eat i dont know what to do with myself

You need to go back to your primary physician and ask for help dealing with your overwhelming anxiety. You don't have ALS your physicians told you Atsugi told you. Please stop reading about ALS. It is only fuelling your unreasonable fear.
Leave this site. It is dangerous for you. Spend today doing something fun and call your physician in the morning

i dont know what to do with myself

As a parent and as an old person, I can tell you what to do with yourself.
Get your problem solved.
1) If you have health insurance, see a full fledged psychiatrist (not a psychologist) and ask to be treated for anxiety.
2) If you don't have the money, see a primary care doctor and ask her to treat you for anxiety (they cost less).
3) In the meantime, go find a "health anxiety support forum" on the internet for emotional support. (We don't do that at all, here.)
4) Call your mom if she's a supportive person.

Remember, you don't have ALS.

Thank you both so much i really appreciat your advice im currently on 0.25mg of zanax its not doing anything for me im sorry to bug you both with my overwhelming anxiety but thanks for talking to me ill just pray and hope i can overcome this stressful time in life i just dont understand how anxiety can cause all of these symptoms thats whats making me doubt its just anxiety i type my symptoms in google and als come Up everytime :(

Bugga, google sends every twitch here because there are so many people complaining of twitches here. Like you, they don't have ALS.

Maybe I can assure you by telling you that my wife (RIP) was a doctor for 20 years. Every day, she would share with me lots of juicy tidbits about the diseases she treated (leaving out the names of the patients).

I guarantee you that anxiety can cause all of your symptoms. I personally was racked in pain and literally bent over in neck spasms the day after I retired from the military. I didn't think I was stressed, being a tough guy and all, but all I needed was 10 days of Valium and some therapy.

Go seek out support for anxiety, now. We can't do that here. In fact, it's bad for you to continue to talk with ALS people: it will just make your anxiety worse.

Thank you so much i feel so much better i want to thank you for the reinsurance RIP to your wife sorry about your loss i will try and stay off the als chat form its very hard...thanks again for your help GOD Bless you!Stay strong

I have had it up to here! ^

Bugga: have you ever heard of PUNCTUATION? It is a handy device used in writing to organize your thoughts, making it easier for others to follow you. Another nifty trick is capitalization. When you fail to use these, you lend the impression that you are too busy, too important, too messed up or too young. I'll explain:

Too busy: if you're too busy to write in cogent sentences, why are you so much more important that people here should take time out of their busy days, to respond to you?

Too important: If you're too important to bend to accepted writing conventions, why would you ask the little people, you know, people who are inferior to you, to solve your problems? Are we but marionettes that come to life when you walk in the room? Are you saying that we're not real people with real lives?

Too messed up: This really pisses me off. You come in here with more tactile ability than any of the people you're begging advice from. Do you realize that people who are responding to you -WHO USE PUNCTUATION- can't even type anymore? No, they can't. Some are using devices that allow cheek muscle twitches to select letters. Some use voice -point is, it probably takes some of them a good hour to write a full paragraph. Some use keyboard shortcuts they've designed. But do notice my friend, they are using periods, commas, and capitalizing letters. That you're composing with two thumbs doesn't impress me. There's a period button and a caps key on that phone. Use them.

Too young: grow up. We're not your parents. You're an adult. I suggest you fake it till you make it.

This is just rude.
Mods better ban me now because I'm going to post this on every DIHALS post from now on, from those who fail to RESPECT the contributions of PALS & CALS.

Bugga,
We told you politely to leave this site because you don't have ALS. But, three hours later you are still longed on. Sound like your problems is you don't listen. You have anxiety and need to see a psychiatrist as soon as possible. We can't help you with that. So, quit asking us too.

I'm not trying to be nasty, but all these young people with anxiety. Makes me wonder about bipolar I/II, but a psychiatrist will screen for that.

It also makes me wonder if it's all the same person and they're just messing with us.

Well -- Several of us have tried to share our experience with you and your fears.

The consensus seems to be that you need to resolve your issues with medical professionals and/or do not have ALS.

We do empathize with your fears, but there is no more we can help you with at this time.

This note is not to deter you from your investigations, but just not on this forum.

You asked, we answered, so please move on.

If you think you have a motor neuron issue, see your Primary Care Provider and get a referral to a motor neuron qualified neuro, note: most are NOT ALS/MND (Motor Neuron Disease) experienced!

Anxiety can be a real problem that can endanger your physical health. Make sure you tell your medical practioner what you are feeling as well as how you are feeling.

No need to reply. Goodbye and best regards.

-----
Max
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

Anxiety will ALWAYS be the first thing doctors blame. Unfortunately for this disease, Anxiety explains more than a few of the first symptoms. If you were given a clean EMG then you do not have ALS. More importantly, you said you have had 'tingling' sensations and other 'sensory' symptoms which very heavily point away from ALS. It definitely sounds like you have something going on, but very likely that it's not serious. Go back to your neuro and ask for more tests( Spinal tap for ms maybe?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back