Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
al
City
mobile
anyone here ever heard of nexium causing atrophy of the tonuge i didnt have the atrophy till i started takeing it.

There are lawsuits against the pharmaceutical company that makes Nexium. I have read some are related to the fact that Nexium hinders the absorption of calcium, which can cause a lot of problems. Also, fatigue is a problem from Nexium. I'm not sure about the atrophy Shawn, but research under the lawsuits and see what's there. I will see what I can find for you. In my opinion, with the problems you are having, I wouldn't take it just in case. Good luck. Leslie

Additionally, the following adverse events (irrespective of causality) were each reported at a rate of >1% with esomeprazole in these same long-term studies (N=519): rash, fracture, hernia, dizziness, duodenitis, dyspepsia, epigastric pain, serum gastrin increased, gastroenteritis, gastrointestinal mucosal discoloration, esophageal disorder, tooth disorder, ALT increased, hypertension, coughing, rhinitis, anemia, benign gastrointestinal neoplasm, back pain, chest pain and fatigue.

Oh great, another of my medicines that's messed up. I've been on nexium for over 15 years, because the NSAID"S they first gave me for my chronic low back pain tore up my stomach and esophagus.

I'm beginning to think there are no safe drugs.:-D:-D:-D

God Bless
Capt AL

The only safe drug is red wine. I thought everyone knew that.
AL.

I'm forgetful AL

Shucks, you told me that before AL how could I have forgotten.
Where is that cork screw.
God Bless
Capt AL:)

thanks ltr,ive never been big on takeing pills and now i know i aint takeing anymore.ive also read that dentures can cause atrophy of the tonuge if they are loose and ill fitted because they cause compression on the tonuge.

Al,

i thought it was bud light......i'll have to try a little red wine...instead of the bud light...lol

Good idea too but after the biopsy right?
AL.

LOL, Al. thanks for always giving us a chuckle! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back