CALS
Country
SWE
State
Västerbotten
City
Umeå
Hi!

I've asked my neurologist this question, but he was never able to give me a good answer. Thought I might try here and see what your experience is.

I have intermittent (couple of times a week) tongue fasciculations, and my neuro doesn't know how to diagnose them. I'm being examined for MS at the moment, since I have lesions on my brain and spine discovered this summer. However my neuro does not think the fasciculations in my body and tongue has anything to do with the possible MS, and I'm having a hard time letting go of my fears of ALS.

As the twitches are intermittent I'm thinking maybe I don't have to worry that much? I've heard that the fasciculations in ALS are pretty persistent. Any coments?

Read the STiCKIES,

Yes, read the stickies. You will find the answers to your question all there.

I'm so sorry. I read the stickies but did not find anything. Thank you anyway.

Hi I have read your story over at the bfs forum. I really really really don't think you should worry about ALS what you describe and the frequency sound nothing like ALS. Good luck with the MS explorations I hope that also turns out not to a problem

Thank you so much Nikki! That helps :) As I probably have MS, according to my neuro, I'm hoping to be able to put ALS behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back