Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Ma
City
Salem
hi my name is jon i am 16 and i am worried that i might have als. it is september 6th and i started having symptoms in probs late august. my hands have been twitching I sometimes have a weird feeling on my arms or legs. I can pick my arms and legs up with no issue and i can keep my posture. i am not sure if i have hand weakness. my toes and my feet also sometimes hurt, and that goes with my arms especially parts that are close to my hands. I am very scared and if someone could hep me i would be very appreciative of it.

Jon, I'm fairly sure that no 16-year-old has ever had ALS. It's an old people disease. Usually 40-70 years old.

Twitching and weird feelings can be anything. They can even happen when you're scared. Many people just read about ALS and then they start twitching, just because they read about it. It really happens like that.

ALS doesn't hurt. Sometimes your arms can hurt near your hands because you're worried, and your muscles get a little tight and especially if you work or play on the computer a lot, it can hurt worse.

The pain and discomfort that people with ALS feel is AFTER they've been paralyzed for awhile. They develop joint pain and swelling from being immobile, and their arms and legs sitting in one place all day makes them sore.

Nothing you wrote sounds like ALS. Try to relax, and I think that will cure you. Could be that you're just stressed out. Good luck.

thank you sir I am sure you are right and to tell the truth i have been stressing a lot about als and soon after thinking about i started getting the symptoms. Thank you once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back