Reason
Other
Country
ca
State
ca
City
ontario
Hi everyone my name is brandon im 27 and my intention is not to offend anybody cause what i learned about als is not a joke and it is to be treated with respect for the people that suffer from it , so im so scared i have als it all started about 7 weeks ago i was getting reall dizzy not like a vertigo but like a spaced out heavy head feeling like i wasint in my body and then i had been googling als and i started to feel more then dizzy my left leg was feeling weak and my calfs on both legs were so sore for days and i hadent been even doin nothing but laying on the couch then my left leg was getting weak and then it would switch the next day to my right leg and then my arms were getting heavy one day right next day left it comes and goes but both legs never stop feeling this way one day its right thats weak then its left so idk i have a had twitching but really minor no cramps no slurred speech no swallowing problems just feeling like food never goes down all the way im just so stressed out all i do is research like my left arm is weak right now my forearm feels tight like the other day on my left shoulder a lil below got really heavy and the next day it was so sore like a deep bruise ,my legs im constantly walking on tippytoes and heels and trying to balance on one leg on tippytoes somedays i can do it and others i cant so idk i just feel so weak when i wake up in the mornings like my hands are shaky and my fingers are weak to open up but then as the day goes on it subsides i have been che king my own reflexes and trying to hqve someone do the balbaski test on my foot my big toe dosent move but the others do i dont know if im doing it right

Like its just eating me up inside like im in my own world like idk and when i sitting down my legs shake a lil bit like and i i hold the leg thats weak out it shakes like i sware yesterday my left leg felt so weird and weak but i can still walk normally on it no draghing and i could still jump and balance off it on mt tippy toes i been measuring my legs thighs and arms to see if there shrinking from atrophy but no significant difference yet so idk please for the people that have imformation anout this disease give me some info please

Symptoms- oneday right leg feels weird and weak next day left leg feels weird and weak- very minor muscle twitches that come and go ,-arms and hands feel weak but same with the legs it switches off-hands tremor- confusion-my leg went numb one time for 20 min - feel very sick in the morning like my whole body is in a tremor and im so weak and just feel like i have the flue - bruising easily - sorness in weak muscles - head feels heavy - eyes get really red-

Hi Brandon,
First, you don't have ALS. Nothing you wrote sounds anything like ALS.
dizzy, spaced out, heavy head, feeling weak, sore calves, and heavy arms have nothing to do with ALS. Twitches can be anything.
Second, these feelings are a good sign: ALS doesn't have the "feelings" that you describe
Glad to see you don't have ALS. I understand you are worried about it, but since you don't have it, you would be better served by going to a website that deals with healthcare worries

Thankyou so much atsugi this obsession its controlling my life so none of my symptoms sound like als ?

Thankyou so much atsugi this obsession its controlling my life so none of my symptoms sound like als ?

I'm really serious. None of your symptoms sound remotely like ALS. In fact, those "feelings of..." symptoms point AWAY from ALS, as ALS does not affect the sensory nervous system.

Your "weakness" comes and goes. That never happens in ALS.

You'll get the exact same answer from many others here in the forums, and you'll get the same answer from any doctor with experience in ALS.

Now it's time for you to relax, and perhaps go to other websites where you can get support and advice from others concerning your "worrying" and anxiety about your health. (We don't do that here.)

I agree with Atsugi. None of it sounds at all like ALS. If "this obsession its controlling my life", then you need help with anxiety and/or OCD. There are internet sites that might be able to help... or doctors.

Thanks dusty im just trippin i have a doctors apointment thursday to see if im trippin or there is something wrong But u guys have gave me some confidence that i havent had for a while

Im just so panicky today i said rash descision and i slurred it sort of and i been saying it all day now to make sure i dont slurr and my throat feels like something is poking when i swallow and food is getting stuck , and i just wanted to say sorry for the loss of your wife atsugi !

You're too young to be worrying about a terminal illness. The more you think, the more you're coming up with possible ways to have ALS. Nothing you describe, even on your last post, is ALS. Feeling poking in your throat is not a symptom. If food is getting stuck, drink some water. I think the unnecessary stress you're putting yourself under is causing much of what you are experiencing. Please get on with your precious life!

Brandon,
I don't mean to sound rude by saying this but if you haven't been to one already please go to a psychiatrist. They will be able to help you out with some of your stress and anxiety. Stress and anxiety can cause all kinds of health issues. I truly feel this is where your true problem lies. You may have a medical issue on top of that but you don't have ALS. Try drinking extra water and do something that relaxes you. Being on this site is just going to make you nervous over something you don't have. Good luck to you.

I know i have a doctors apointment tomorrow im just so scared guys really like today i woke up and my left arm feels so heavy and weak like really idk like i can do stuff with the arm its just shaky and my hand is shaking alot and ya so sorry guys if im bugging really iam cause ur guys post make me feel better cause my family thinks im crazy so idk but als starts with weakness so i dont underatand y my left arm keeps goin back to weak idk

Lad, you've already heard the opinion that you do not have ALS. Fix that at the front of your brain.

We also do not know why "your arm keeps going back to weak" but ALS is a one-way street: we don't 'go back'.

Stay away from this forum, stay away from Dr Google. See your Dr and discuss your issues; address your anxiety.

The purpose of this forum is to aid our peers with ALS. That ain't you, so with all kindness: go away.

>The purpose of this forum is to aid our peers with ALS. That ain't you, so with all kindness: go away.

Ditto that!

Look i have seen many people come on here and annoy u with questions lol but honestly were just people that are scared in no way am i on here to offend annoy or disrespect im just a person thats scared and worried ok i know all of you are either suffering from this disease or knows someone that is

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back