Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
Two days ago i noticed twitching in my left leg, the next day it moved to my right one. I'm 18 years old and in good health. I'm going to the doctor soon and am incredibly terrified. I've not had many other symptoms other then occasionally getting dizzy when i stand if i sit too long and slight weakness in my left leg. The day before the leg twitching i was doing some squatting exercises. I also have a small amount of lower back pain, as well as sever anxiety. Thank you in advance and to those fighting this terrible disease i wish you the best of luck and god speed for a cure.

OMG another one.

Work on the anxiety and the rest will go away.
Stay away from diagnosing yourself and Google until you've addressed the stress.

If you want more info read the stickies!

So much good is coming from the Ice Bucket Challenge- but it probably is also going to scare lots of people in this frenzy of media coverage! Expect lots of people searching for answers, sure they have this disease!

Thank you for your comments. I do not mean to seem disrespectful in any means what so ever.

I used to twitch when I was around your age too and it scared me too at first. But, it was nothing but anxiety. Also, please limit how much caffeine that you drink a day. Now please stay off this site and enjoy your young life. Enjoy it while you can.

Rider,
Stop scaring Yourself silly see a Doctor and stay off the internet. It does more harm than good

Rider,

I'd suggest that you do a search for "benign fasciculation syndrome".
-Phil

Im not a doctor but you dont have to be one here. You are fine, want to trade places?

>Stop scaring Yourself silly see a Doctor and stay off the internet. It does more harm than good

Ditto that!

Twitching is very common and is not diagnostic of any disease. It is usually caused by common things, like too much caffeine, Rx drugs, fatigue, over-exertion, anxiety, stress and many other things.

Twitching is very rarely seen as a first sign in ALS. More common first signs are weakness, atrophy and hyperreflexia.

Twitching is no more a sign of ALS than a fever is a sign of Ebola.

Dusty's reply pretty much covers it.

At your age, if none of the things above apply, try taking a B-12 and a Vitamin D supplement, also magnesium and kalium if you are high on caffeine or have a none balanced diet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back