Country
GR
State
Attiki
City
Athens
Hello everyone,

It's been a while since i last posted.
8 months ago when twitching started i was under panic and went to several doctors and had numerous EMG's which never really suggested MND.
At times i had issues with my tongue, possible right arm weakness etc but symptoms went away so i decided that i needed to relax.
For a few months now i felt better and tried to let this fear go.
Unfortunately some symptoms still remain: Twitching (it happens randomly in several parts of my body every day but only for a few secs at a time) and quite brisk knee tendon reflexes (both equal).
Until now there is no sign of weakness or atrophy.
I am 36 years old.
Do you think that 8 months is enough time to let this fear of ALS go?
Could that twitching and tongue strange feelings (that come and go) be signs of the beginning of this disease?

Thanks in advance to anyone

you wrote

Do you think that 8 months is enough time to let this fear of ALS go?
Could that twitching and tongue strange feelings (that come and go) be signs of the beginning of this disease?

YES TIME TO LET THIS FEAR GO.

Please for your sake and ours (since we can't let it go, we live with the REAL DEAL) let it go and get on with life, including twitching.

NO things you feel that come and go are NOT THE SIGNS OF ALS

bye now, all the best

"Do you think that 8 months is enough time to let this fear of ALS go?
Could that twitching and tongue strange feelings (that come and go) be signs of the beginning of this disease?"

Well, you undoubtedly should have let it go when you had "numerous EMG's which never really suggested MND." But, yes, 8 months is more than enough time. Symptoms that come and go are not ALS symptoms. And twitching by itself is virtually never a sign of ALS. Time to start living without fear... a difficut task for many.

Thank you both for your responses.
I am really worried because i read some stories here in forum of people that have progressed really slowly and started with fasciculations... Anyway. If it were bulbar (since i also had issues with my tongue) i am sure that by now there would have been some extreme profess in symptoms.
On the other hand if these fascics are the beginning of a slowly developed ALS only God knows.

Last response from me on this thread.

If you are going to ask, we answer, if you are then going to reply with I'm really worried because ...
well just read the last dozen or so threads here and see how tired we are of babysitting anxiety. I believe it is best for you to just tell you straight, and I've done so. YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS

Either work with your doctors or join an anxiety forum.

All the best

You state your symptoms "come and go". Our symptoms only "go" when we go (permanently).

You should go, you have no need to be here.

yes I agree als only comes it never goes. Live your live -you've been given one to enjoy. We are all dying here (except for the CALS and they have died inside) we want to help-listen to us. Please don't post again.

Hey amigo...If you are still freaking out about having ALS after being told and shown by clinical tests, there isn't anyone here who can help you. I am the most patient of men...but if you come back with this again.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back