Reason
Other
Country
US
State
Texas
City
Houston
How does it look when it first shows up?

Does atrophy affect the entire muscle at once?

Does it cause dents in a muscle or general "shrinkage" of the muscle.

Does it show always or just when flexing the muscle/or relaxing it?

Can atrophy exist without significant weakness?

I ask specifically because I found a couple of dents in my left calf that aren't present in my right. Dents are only there when flexing the muscle, though my calf doesn't look smaller than the other, just dents on the inside/front part. This is frightening to me.

Your last thread was closed, so please go elsewhere to be babysat while you go through anxiety.

I won't answer any more of your questions, I have told you clearly already.

Lol Tillie : )

Your last thread was closed, so please go elsewhere to be babysat while you go through anxiety.

I won't answer any more of your questions, I have told you clearly already.

Tillie

I showed no disrespect to you, your response is a little out of place. I am not on here with a panicky tone and insisting I have ALS like some of the others on here. I merely asked a few simple questions about atrophy.

If you refuse to answer, that's okay. Though I'm not sure why you wouldn't answer. If anyone would be so kind as to answer the questions posed I'd be very grateful.

>I showed no disrespect to you, your response is a little out of place.

no it isn't. typing is difficult for us, no arms, hands, etc.

>I merely asked a few simple questions about atrophy.

We are here for ALS related topics, not atrophy.

-----
Max - Monday, July 21, 2014 4:19:35 PM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

How does it look when it first shows up?

... I found a couple of dents in my left calf .

Drive more carefully Amigo.

Folks are being polite here. They are containing what they would like to say and trying not to lash out.
GO AWAY.

Drive more carefully Amigo.

Folks are being polite here. They are containing what they would like to say and trying not to lash out.
GO AWAY.

Ditto that:evil::evil:

You wrote previously, ("I do have an anxiety problem but my mom refuses to let me take medication for it despite my wishes."). Bingo! When you turn 18 see the doctor that diagnosed your anxiety and get those meds for anxiety, which may be coming from a Mom who is in denial about your anxiety. Maybe (1) Mom's dominance over your life is the root cause of all your ills. Maybe (2) with your next doctors appointment you could have Mom explain to the doctor why she refuses for you to get a medication you desperately need. Maybe (3) both of you could go to counseling too.

>Maybe (3) both of you could go to counseling too.
>Folks are being polite here. They are containing what they would like to say and trying not to lash out. GO AWAY.
>Ditto that (dalvin how do you make those mean emoticon faces?)

my, my, my ... not very subtle today are we :)

Max, they're on the side where it says smiles in advanced mode. Second row, far right:)

("my, my, my ... not very subtle today are we.") Gee... I did add "too" at the end of that sentence... ("Maybe (3) both of you could go to counseling too.") and it did start with "maybe". :)

REEDY22: In ALS, atrophy happens AFTER your muscle is paralyzed and thus, has been completely unused for awhile.

In ALS, after a person has been paralyzed for a while, their muscle tone flattens out, and the person begins to shrink. That's why Stephen Hawking looks so shriveled up in his wheelchair.

By contrast, instead of ALS, you might have cyberchondria.

You're not even 18? I remember what teenage years were like. I have two teenagers of my own. Teenagers have plenty of problems, all of them ephemeral. Now after having lived a half-century, let me assure you that if you're not doing drugs or in jail, your teenage problems are inconsequential in the grand scheme of a lifetime. Forget about them all, and start enjoying the blessings of your youth. Your best years are nearby.

>Cyberchondria is the unfounded escalation of concerns about common symptomology based on review of search results and literature online. Articles in popular media position cyberchondria anywhere from temporary neurotic excess to adjunct hypochondria. ...

LOL :)

Nikki, stickie?

Anxiety starts the symptoms, which starts the online search, which starts the Cyberchondria, which accelerates the anxiety, which amplifies the symptoms, which deepens the online search, further elevating the anxiety, which dedicates the Cyberchondriac to his/her symptoms, which leads to denial of anxiety... being the root problem. Something about a dog and it's tail...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back