Learn about ALS
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
cornwall
Hi
Just a question. With ALS is twitching localized to one area or is it widespread? I have full body twitching and having difficulty taking in deep breaths. I can't expand my abdomen. Feels paralyzed. Sound like ALS.
Thank you
Laura

Please if anyone could offer assistance it would be appreciated. Mother of 4 young children and stressed right out. I have stiffness in my back and weak legs with dizziness. Thank you in advance.

> I have full body twitching and having difficulty taking in deep breaths. I can't expand my abdomen. Feels paralyzed. Sound like ALS.

odds are not ALS ... see your PCP before anything else, explain your concerns, and listen ... :)

Odds are that you are suffering from something very common, like anxiety, and not a very, very rare terminal illness. Twitching is commonly caused by too much caffeine, stress, axiety, fatique, working out too much, etc. and is usually benign. Difficulty taking a deep breath can also come from anxiety or many other common causes (allergies, a chest cold, etc.)

When you hear hoofbeats, think horses, not zebras.

See your PCP, but relax. Your symptoms do not sound like ALS.

Thank you for the comments. Have been to 2 neuro's and bith said not ALS but the weak and shaky arms with twitching and stiffness makes me think otherwise. Had EMG with 1 minor abnormality on ncs. Dr who did the emg said could be due to tarlov cysts in spine.

Sorry again do ALS twitches occur in one area first or are they all over. I've had these for almost 3 years.

I've had these for almost 3 years.

Not to be unkind here but if you've had ALS for 3 years (and 2 neuro docs missed it), frankly you would be near death or well on your way. This disease isn't merely inconvenient. It is a death sentence. You don't sound like you are dying.

This forum won't provide you with a Deus ex machina. Nor will having ALS; something that sounds very remote.

Go see a doctor.

Your question is irrelevant since you do not have ALS.

Your doctor is right. Tarlovs cysts can cause your NCS to be abnormal. There is a study being done about these cysts by a Dr. Kieran Murphy going in Canada now. Some people with these cyst are said to have connected tissue diseases, some with elhers danlos syndrome. Most people experience pain. Please check out Tarlov cysts forums on facebook and yahoo but work with your doctors..
Good luck to you

twitching and weakness 3 years

Hi everyone,
I started with twitching then weakness about 3 years ago. I now have it back. I have a hard time walking, clumsy, weakness and twitching. My arms always feel tired. I also feel very stiff in my back and diaphragm. Does this sound like ALS? Also super fatigued with 30lbs weight loss. Thanks in advance.
Laura

> Does this sound like ALS? Also super fatigued with 30lbs weight loss. Thanks in advance.

have you read the posts in this thread ?

Ya I read them. I made a new thread but admin must have moved it to here. Just so stressed about my symptoms. Do they sound like ALS

You wrote, ("Thank you for the comments. Have been to 2 neuro's and bith said not ALS but the weak and shaky arms with twitching and stiffness makes me think otherwise.") Ok, you've convinced yourself you have ALS... so now what?

Nobody here has or is going to tell you that you have ALS. You chose to ignore replies from those with 1st hand experience... (again) so now what? Another question irrelevant to ALS or MNDs?

PS

You being the mother of 4 young children... you don't have the slightest clue that it could be good old fashion anxiety, stress and fear?

Sounds like ALS to me....

Annoyingly likely stupidity

go get em Rob! so glad you are back.

tanner, enough is enough.

everyone has told you that your symptoms are NOT LIKE ALS

please go look after your children and work with doctors, that's what they are for, we are done with your threads now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back