Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
CRO
State
Croatia
City
Zagreb
I'm 27 year old female. Two weeks ago i noticed smal dent on my forearm. Two days later I got fasciculations all over my body. I started to watch my right hand every day, and noticed that my muscles in hand are also somewat getting smaller than on my left hand. P.s. I am right handed. I noticed that it is somehow harder to draw. I had appointment with neurologist, and he examined me. I have somewhat increased reflexes on my legs, but there is nothing suspitious with my hands. He don't think that i have clinical weakness. I had emng, and he said that everything is normal. I'm really worried about all of this!
Does it sound like als? Also i think i fell twitching in my tongue also...
All this happened in two weeks. I didn't noticed anything before that!
Please help!

P.S. My neurologist say that he doesnt thint it is atrophy...and it is not much noticable, but i certanly see it progress! Is there any other disease that could have symptoms like this, in such fast time?

wow, when one falls because of twitching in the tongue they are indeed in serious trouble ...

Why would you NOT believe a neurologist, admit that openly here, and then ask people who are dying to tell you that in fact you have ALS?

Please go to a forum for people with health anxiety, I'm sure they will love to swap stories with you. We are very busy dealing with a real disease.

In other words you have been examined and told clearly after testing YOU DO NOT HAVE ALS.

Be happy, lots here are looking to swap with you but you won't like the bargain at all.

That is as definite an answer as a neurologist gave you, so please do not keep asking and adding 'symptoms' that are not ALS. All the best

pushing a rope ...

I'm very sorry for my writing mistakes! I wanted to write 'felt'.
I don't want to insult anyone, i' m just very stressful about it. I can see that my muscle is wasting away slowly for past two weeks, only on my right arm...and...have been reading here that emg can be false normal in the begining...
I have some minor wasting of my tenear muscle and forearm. It is somewat hard to control my pen while i write...have widespread twitches...i thought that it is 99% positive ALS diagnose...
I'm really sorry for bothering anyone...i'm just very anxious.

"Two weeks ago i noticed smal dent on my forearm." Not indicative of anything...

"Two days later I got fasciculations all over my body." Fascics ae generally benign and can come from many simple causes--too much caffeine, fatigue, stress anxiety.

"I started to watch my right hand every day..." A pretty good sign of health anxiety.

"...and noticed that my muscles in hand are also somewat getting smaller than on my left hand." Atrophy gets important when it is measurable.

"I noticed that it is somehow harder to draw." ALS is about failing, not feeling. If you couldn't pick up a pencil, that would be important.

"I have somewhat increased reflexes on my legs..." no big deal; that may be normal for you.

"but there is nothing suspitious with my hands." Yet you disbelieve your neuro and believe there is...

"He don't think that i have clinical weakness." Then you don't.

"I had emng, and he said that everything is normal." This means everything is normal and you don't have ALS.

"I'm really worried about all of this!" This means you have anxiety issues and need help for it.

"Does it sound like als?" No!

"My neurologist say that he doesnt thint it is atrophy...and it is not much noticable, but i certanly see it progress!" Then it is not atrrophy and your refusal to believe a neuro is an additional sign of health anxiety.

" Is there any other disease that could have symptoms like this, in such fast time?" What makes you think ALS has atrophy that you "can see progess?

"have been reading here that emg can be false normal in the begining..." False normals are extremely rare as has been explained on this site. More cmmon is people who don't have ALS but want to. They continue to claim they have ALS even when an EMG shows they don't.

"...have widespread twitches...i thought that it is 99% positive ALS diagnose..." Wow, where did you get this. It is so wrong as to ludicrous. Twitches are relatively normal and come from many benign causes.

None of what you describe sounds like ALS It does sound like you want to have ALS which is a sign of a psycholgical problem.

Thank you for your answer. I need to say that atrophy is noticable, neurologist did see it...but didn't have much to say about it...
I have twitching in that arm constantly, but i also twitch everywhere else...
My weeknes is apropriate to muscle loss...in a way that i have some muscle loss, and my motor function is somewhat impared..
I'm scared becouse I found on the internet that asymmetric atrophy is a 'bad' sign...that's why I'm freaking out... :(
Thank you for your answer...I just hope that it will stop. My tenear muscle, and whole forearm has dents... :(

>I'm scared becouse I found on the internet that asymmetric atrophy is a 'bad' sign

you can also find on the internet proof that the Russians have been secretly killing us with fluoride.

get medical/psych help and let us die in peace ...

-----
Max - Saturday, July 19, 2014 12:27:17 AM
-----
onset 9/2010, diagnosed with ALS by Stanley Appel 8/29/2013
It Is What It Is ...

i have had cramps in about all my limbs and neck i work out hard at gym every other day and it keeps the cramps down

Hand atrophy picture below.

Also, I can not button, zip, pinch, snap, clap, pick up tiny things like nails, put on mascara, paint my own nails, and do the okay sign.

My doctor did an EMG. Came back very dirty - he said, "You have ALS."

Go out, celebrate, and live a full life. Yours said no ALS.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 14,409
I fear that it is too early for emng to tell. I didnt have weeknes before i noticed atrophy. My atrophy is very minimal, but i can see it. Could it be too early for diagnosys? My atrophy started about 3 weeks ago...in form of dents in forearm, and now tenear muscle....i have twitching all over. I don't know what could progress that fast? I'm really very scared...my wedding is nex year and i can't help my self, and i cry every day...feeling hopeless...
It seems like everything points to Als and i cant get it out of my head.
Please sorry for my post...i don't mean to be rude

More panick gave me my elevated iron blood results. I found that it is indicative for ALS...please tell me if anyone had atrophy progressed this fast...if it continues like this my tenear muscle will disappear for 2-3 month...

Stop it already. Do you understand you are talking to people that are dying here? Really dying. If you wont listen then why do you keep posting-get some good anti anxiety drugs. By the way most of those make muscles weaker too.

Hand atrophy picture below.

Also, I can not button, zip, pinch, snap, clap, pick up tiny things like nails, put on mascara, paint my own nails, and do the okay sign.

My doctor did an EMG. Came back very dirty - he said, "You have ALS."

Go out, celebrate, and live a full life. Yours said no ALS.

That is an ALS hand. You and my mom could be hand twins.

REPEAT--None of what you describe sounds like ALS It does sound like you want to have ALS which is a sign of a psycholgical problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back