Other
Country
UK
State
nsw
City
ksa
My left hand is fine it's a tad boney but nothing major
My right hand however has gotten boney and now looks awful like a skeleton hand. I can feel the tendons in my hand stick out . Went to see Dr but git told was old age. I'm 35! I am not an idiot but no idea what to do. Is this atrophy? Cachexia?

My hand was never like this a year ago I'd have noticed..

Last edited by a moderator:
looks normal to me, but then why would you believe me if you won't believe a doctor that actually examined you?

Don't worry, if it was atrophy, you would know it, and if not, still don't worry you will know it as ALS is a progressively degenerative condition, you can't miss it.

If you are truly worried, work with doctors, not the internet, honestly only doctors can get to the source of any issues you have.

all the best

>work with doctors, not the internet

-----
ditto that!

The amount of things you can find with doctor Google! Cachexia is weight loss seen in severe illness such as AIDS, end stage cancer etc, and it is not localized, you loose body mass. You can also see it in end stage MND, sure, but in whatever pathology you find it, is is a sign of the body giving up. You would not sit taking pictures of your hand if that was the case.

Your hand looks fine, but, we cannot diagnose atrophy, a neurologist can. Athropy is not diagnosed by looking at pictures.

If you are worried, see your PCP and see if he finds it necessary to refer you further.

Should a normal gp be able b to spot wasting or do I need to see neurologist?

I have one hand okay and other is boney

No disrespect but this can't be right
My right arm is weak compared to my left. Even texting makes it ache
Also nausea and night sweats

No disrespect but this is the last post I will write on your thread.

NONE of what you report is even remotely like ALS. This is a forum for ALS. Can you understand what I have just said? You can keep coming back and adding more and more little things that you call symptoms, but what you are experiencing is still nothing like ALS.

We are not doctors, so you can't expect us to pander to you on this. We are not saying nothing is wrong with you, we are saying this is NOT ALS.

Go see a doctor, ask for a neuro if you think you need one, but listen to them and take their advice even if it is an answer you don't want.

I sincerely wish you the best, but we cannot help you I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back