Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
raleigh
Hello everyone,
I had my emg today along with the nerve study and the doctor who did it checked my right calf,right thigh, and right arm with the emg but not the left. When i had the nerve thing done they did my left foot then but they never stuck the needle in it, just on the right. When i had the nerve test done the guy walked out and started to whisper to the doctor which of course freaked me out, then he came back in and i said that cant be good .i worried because he told me he could not go in to detail but he did find something abnormal in one of my legs and the doctor would find out whats going on and explain. Well anyway, the doctor finally came in to perform the emg and said that i was fine and i did not have als. But i drink to much caffeine and worry to much. I said what about what you found in my leg, he said he fixed it and it was just a error? They got me all worried because of a error? Anyway i asked him if it was caffeine why would it had started 4 months ago and i have been drinking caffeine for years? He didnt have a good answer, just said that i was more worried. I felt very good after he told me my muscels and nerves look and sound healthy. Do you guys think i am in the clear although he did not do emg on left. The twiching is very much in both of my legs so that want an issue. Thank you guys for being so kind to me and talking to me about things. Your input really does mean a great deal to me! I hope you guys dont mind if i stick around and maybe post some more. Please give your input about the emg. Thanks
Ashley

annmarie said:
Ashley,
First of all stay around as long as you would like, And second and more importantly congrats on a great emg. I would feel really good about your appt. today, I think if the doctor said you do not have als that is a really good thing, I think many of us on hear have not have an answer with such certaintity. I hate when they scare us like that, but probably your nerves were cold and reaing irregular that happens frequently.. I for one think you are in the clear, and should relax, I was thinking of you and was sure it was going to go this way.. Annmarie

Thank you so much annmarie!
I do feel better. I wasnt able to get a lot of sleep this week so hopefully i will be able to sleep tonight. Thank you and everyone else for all of the info. One good thing came out of my worries and that is being informed about als and what it means and how it effects people. I think that they should have one day out of the year (like they do for the relay for life) to raise money for the research of als. I think that would be so great! Me and my mom are on a team for relay for life and it feels so good to be able to help others by raising money and awareness for a great cause. My Grandma has had terminal cancer, stage 4 transisnal cell carcinoma and is still living with it after 3 years. She can get around and go places and everything. Its really amazing. I just wish they can come as far with finding effective treatment for als as they have with cancer. We can never lose hope!
Ashley

Ashley,

Glad things went well! Now you can concentrate on your little one! I was scheduled for one July 9- went to the neuro yesterday but he said that he thinks I have a pinched nerve and anxiety :)

Pldo

Ashley,

Glad things turned out so well for you!

cj

congrats boxer,

try to get on with things....you should be reassured with a clean EMG

rgds,

Jamie

Ashley - I'm really happy for you with the clean EMG. Get a copy and keep it for your records. That way you can read exactly what the confusion was about too.

As far as you drinking caffeine for years and wondering why now it's causing mayhem.... Remember, we all grow and change. All of wonder about things being different, but sometimes the only answer is growing and changing. It's not just a physical thing, we grow and change in all aspects throughout our entire life. So, try to just take it as that, this is the new you (who doesn't handle caffeine and stress so well!) and make your life fun again. We'll be here anytime you want to ask questions or chat. Take care. Leslie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back