Reason
Other
Country
US
State
California
City
Sacramento
My name's DeAngelo and im 18. I have been having muscle twitches for a few days and my legs and arms seems to be weaker. Maybe the weakness is mental. My voice has been getting hoarse for about 15 days and now im losing my voice. Its like i have to yell to talk normal now. But im really worried about ALS. can anyone just tell me what type of weakness specifically you or anyone you know went through. Is it weakness like you can still do it or weakness like no matter how hard you try , you just cant. And for the voice loss. It happened randomly and its like i lost my voice from yelling too much but i havent dont anything. Its just getting worse. And i have to use more air just to speak. It grumbly. Just anyone reply. Please. Thank you.

>But im really worried about ALS.

ALS is the very last thing you should be worried about. Go see your primary care provider, a explain what's going on in detail, and listen to what he or she tells you.

Stay off sites like this until you've done that because all it will do is increase unnecessary concerns and anxiety.

Good luck and kind regards,

Max

Yes i did yesterday and he said highly unlikely. But this has been going on for 15 days and the myscle twitching worries me. Im taking anxiety medication but it doesnt seem to help much. And my arms/ legs seem to be getting weaker. I can still do things but with much more effort.

>Stay off sites like this until you've done that because all it will do is increase unnecessary concerns and anxiety.

understand and (bitte) comply ..

Weakness vs perceived weakness

Does the weakness mean people who have ALS cant do it no matter how hard they try. Or they can with some extra effort. I have been holding my phone for a while, and i can hold it, but it seems numb and tired. Like if i had been screwing in a screw for hours. It feels week but may be bfs .. Help

Re: Weakness vs perceived weakness

That's exactly what it means.
I cannot stand on my toes no matter how hard I try.
It drove my trainer crazy. She put me on a calf raise machine with no weight and day after day after day, I couldn't move it.
She just couldn't understand why I couldn't make any progress, why my muscle performance didn't improve.
Then I was diagnosed and the explanation was simple.
ALS is about failing, not feeling.

Re: Weakness vs perceived weakness

Please just post in one thread, hopefully Nikki will kindly merge these 2 for us.

Als symptoms/burning/ aching

Hello. I have been sick for about a month. And i was having severe chest and abdominal pain. Worst pain i had ever felt. I was in n out of the doctor and they couldnt find a problem. Thigs got worse i started having trouble urinating so i went to the er. The blood test urine test came back clean as well as the ct scan. They gave me somemedication for anxiety and for acid reflux. I took it and seemed like i was able to eat better. But the same day i started noticing twitches. Sure enough i looked it up on google and came across als. Im te type to worry about my health so this was bad. Now ive been stuck on this als fear and began noticing weakness. But im sure it was all mental. Twitches havent stopped and ive been taking the medication. Nowww my arms have been feeling tingly and numb at times and i have been feeling like somebody touched me with hair or something like something is crawling on me. On top of this, my hands have been very hard to use because i have this severe wrost pain that is now in both wrists and moves up to my elbow. Its like a deep burning sensation and my wrists feel like i slept on em all night. Tbh it feels like joint pain. But im having the twitches. Im wondering if it could be fibromyalgia or something. I know there are many possibilities .. My muscles feel fatigued more than anything and this pain in my wrists is almost unbearable. So can any of you please tell me what i should do. Im going to see a therapist next week to see if anxiety is oart the problem. Then should i ask to be referred to a neaurologist ? Im a 18 year old male who has been healthy. Im 5'10 and am very skinny 120 lbs. maybe this could be pains from growing still? I dont know. Did u have alot of pain ? I can barely lift anything or turn my wrist because of the wrist burning and pain. Any answers would help. It almost seems like a bone deep problem but i have no idea. Thank you all

Please do NOT keep starting new threads. I have merged your threads again. Next time I will just delete it. Remember the mods here actually have ALS/MND and you are making more work when you do this. thank you

ALS is not about pain. It is NOT sensory. It is about you can not do something. You already admitted to anxiety, that causes twitching. Get your anxiety under control and then
GET A LIFE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back