Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Maryland
City
Baltimore
4 days ago I was laying down . And I felt like a tightness in my right/forearm , accompanied by tingling in my arm , elbow , and fingers , then those same sensations left my right arm and go to my left arm , elbow and fingers, the tingling is very annoying and is accompanied by a burning sensation , in my arms like there tired or I'm working too much , but I'm not , the thing is when one arm has one of these sensations , the other arm has slight tingling or it just feels completely normal , right now my left arm has these sensations while my right arm feels next to normal ? Does this sound like ALS , my arm is still but feels like it's burning ? Does this just sound like anxiety it's been like this for the past four days , now I admit that I have been on ALS blogs scaring myself to death , looking for symptoms , idk I'm 16! Years old , but I'm scared this Is not normal , also the tingling kinda makes my arm feel week , but not clinical weakness because I can still do everything the same that I usually do , my arm just feels funny like burning when I do it, but the tightness in my right arm and tingling was before I looked anything up , I also have twitches sometimes over my body

No this does not sound like ALS! ALS symptoms do NOT come on suddenly, and move around like that. Please do yourself and the people on this forum a favour and stop trying to diagnose yourself through the internet. I am a medical person, and what I recommend you do if this continues, is to go a see your family physician. If you are going to read about a disease, read ALL OF IT, and then you would be sure you do not have it. It is extremely rare, and then even more rare in a 16 year old. But I can tell you that these symptoms are not rare in 16 year olds in general. I wish I had a dollar for every time I have seen this in the ER department. Most often anxiety about school exams, relationships, energy drinks, hyperventilating or a combination of these things. Talk to your parents about what is going on and get their advice, they know you the best.

A nothing things is whenever my I make a fist my forearm/arm feels funny/weakfish

Does not sound at all like ALS. Agree with Zoohouse. Undoubtedly anxiety, stress, too much caffeine/energy drinks, etc. See your PCP if it continues to bother you.

I am curious, what other forums you joined to see if you might have that problem, ie. MS, Fibromyalgia, Lyme etc as they all have this as one of their symptoms. If you just joined this one, why? Is it because it has a "Do I Have ALS" thread?

LITTLEJ21:
Your symptoms don't sound AT ALL like ALS. Don't waste your time here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back