wheeler641

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
indiana
City
dyer
I have been a member for awhile, I have not posted in a very long time, I will try to make this as short as possible. I know I do not have als, I would be dead by now. Last year in june my daughter found me unresponsive and brought me to the er, I was diagnosed with aspiration pneumonia. I was put in a drug induced coma, when I woke up a month later. I did not even know who I was. went to rehab came home, they inserted a peg tube just for liquids I can swallow whole food. I go for another swallow test nest month. When I was recovering I fell and broke a hip and was in the hospital for another 10 days. Fast forward back to therapy I have a contracture of my right leg which I now have an afo for and am doing quite well with it. at night however I have horrible cramps in that leg and find it hard to sleep. I had 2 emgs prior to this all happening and they were negative. For about 7 years now I have not been feeling right, poor coordination, cramps in legs and heaviness in legs. My regular gp did some strength tests and only my right leg is week it twists at the ankle, thus the afo. My question being does this sound anything like pls to anyone, my gp gave me bacfloen to take as sometimes my bad leg seems to bounce up and down, thus far I have been afraid to take it as I am on so many other meds. I appreciate any insight you might be able to give me, I know it is hard for some to respond, a brief answer is fine and god bless, margaret

get to a proper als clinic and do the thorough exam process.

thanks max, I have seen a neurologist at u of I in Illinois, and passed the strength tests, did not suggest a emg, have been having problems since 2008 when I joined, but a lot new stuff happened this year. I know pls is hard to diagnose, just looking for some input, thanks margaret

Indiana University ALS Center
at Wishard Health Services
1050 Wishard Blvd
Neurology Dept Regenstrief 6th floor
Indianapolis, IN 46202
Director: Robert Pascuzzi, MD
317-630-8456

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back