Reason
Other
Country
US
State
ohio
City
columbus
I have been reading the board for about a month and I have a question. About a month and a half ago I felt a popping in my biceps and noticed that It was twitching. this had never happened before I did not think too much of it till I looked in the mirror and noticed my dominant right bicep was much smaller than my left. I still have infrequent twitching in the bicep, maybe once a week. I don't notice any weakness. Is it possible that the first sign of ALS could be atrophy in the dominant arm? I do notice a bit of cramping in my hand but no loss of strength. Also the muscle tone in my bicep is fine. Thank you in advance for your insights

Twitching and cramping from time to time can be anything, including dehydration. It's also quite normal, my doctor tells me, just for being 52.

I don't have ALS and I twitch more than you.

One arm atrophy can be caused by lots of things. Note that, in ALS, weakness comes before atrophy. You don't have weakness.

While it is possible for the first sign of ALS to be weakness in a single limb, you didn't have weakness.

I have to ask why you're hanging out here. You don't have any signs of ALS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back