Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
AUS
State
victoria
City
melbourne
Hey there, im 18 years of age from Australia. About last year i had a twitch in my left shoulder i didn't take much notice but i thought it was rather weird.
I'd say i have lived a pretty healthy life, the only bad things i have done is smoked a bit of tobacco and pot but i never really liked it, i started the gym in year 9 i would of been about 15. I used to do a bit of cardio and mainly trying to build muscle. This year i haven't been to the gym for about 3 months because i have a new job and i finish late and im too tired to go, but moving on to the topic,

I have spasms everywhere calves, forearm sometimes fingers, triceps, sometimes under my bottom lip even in my stomach.
I'm really starting to freak out, i'm not sure if im feeling weakness or its just placebo, i can still do about 40 pushups in a row i tried last night that was usually what i could do if i hadn't trained in a while, sometimes my arms get numb easily as well. I don't think anyone in my family has had ALS at all. I remember one night i went out drinking/clubbing and the day before i was hungover and i had intense twitching just up from my wrist i think it was the median nerve and ulnar nerve and it was moving my fingers and thumb as well.

I'm really scared that im not gonna live long im still very young but these spasms still continue and i don't know who to talk about it with. :-(

You would be very young to get ALS. I understand you are scared but stress makes tremors worse. Have you even seen a dr?

Kirk, see a doctor or a parent. You don't have ALS or any other fatal disease. Calm down.

Stop drinking.

I have never seen a doctor, what else could it be? :\ and i haven't been drinking in a while either.

Go see a doctor, there is absolutely no need to worry about ALS or motor neuron disease. If you are working out a lot, try drinking more water, see to that you eat enough in relation to your training and sleep your eight hours.

The most common causes of twitching are too much caffeinr, fatigue, anxiety, working out too hard, Rx drugs, and dozens more. It is much more likely it is from a cause such as this, rather than an extremely rare disease. See a doctor t reassure you.

I have never seen a doctor, what else could it be? :\

You must be kidding. I'm rolling my eyes that you're fixated on ALS for these symptoms. I'm near to calling you a troll and having you banned, but then again, I guess you're young and honestly can't imagine "what else could it be."

What else could it be, you ask. I'll give you the best answer a non-doctor could give.

I have some experience with several bad diseases and your symptoms don't seem like anything I know. Seriously, there are many, many thousands of diseases, syndromes and disorders out there that your symptoms could point to, but ALS is not one of them.

But of course, doctors have advanced education and unique experiences that prepare them to help you figure out how to cure, treat, or alleviate your symptoms.

Really, you need to talk to a doctor or a parent and stop paying attention to ALS.

Please listen to everyone. You don't have ALS. This is not the place for you to be. We can not give you any type of diagnosis since we are not doctors. But, the PALS/CALS on here have first hand knowledge on the disease. I used to have a few twitches way back in my 20's and my nerves were the culprit. Practice relaxations techniques. Even if you don't drink much I would totally reframe from any until you start feeling better. Good luck to you. I don't mean to be disrespectful but please move on and enjoy your young life why you can. Kim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back