Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Ia
City
Des Moines
My husband is currently undergoing testing for issues he is experiencing. He was immediately referred from a gp to a neurologist and we are now waiting for a diagnosis. The testing started in February '14 and the doctors are doing additional testing every two weeks to check for progression. I understand that they don't want to offer up possible diagnosis, but the waiting was killing me - in large part because they won't tell us the diseases they suspect just what has been ruled out.

My hubby is taking it like a trooper...he decided he doesn't have time to waste worrying about what it might be...he's just dealing with his symptoms and his highly stressful job.

I, on the on their hand, have been a mess & absolutely convinced that it is ALS. After reading ALL of your stickys, I feel a little more optimistic about his prognosis (he has experienced some tingling on his face which I learned was not a symptom).

Thanks you to all of you who take the time to help educate people who are waiting for a diagnosis. You may sometimes feel like posting information is a waste of time but I promise you that for every person who seemingly wants an ALS diagnosis, there are many who quietly read your words said a silent prayer of thanksgiving and went on their way relieved.

My intention in joining this board was to simply lurk and learn. I'll be doing that for the next few months & hopefully no more than that.

God bless you all.

Thank you for your post. I pray that you will never have cause to be more than a lurker but we are here if you need us.
Best of luck to you and your husband
Nikki

>Thank you - some people DO read the stickys

:) :) :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back