Diagnosis
04/2014
Country
US
State
MA
City
Boston
I thought it might be helpful to post some of the things that people who were worried about ALS turned out to have. Feel free to add things I have missed

Most people I think end up with bfs and / or anxiety but there are a lot of other diseases neurological and not that have led people here

Chiari malformation
Myasthenia gravis
CIDP
MMN
Mitochondrial disease
Isaac's Syndrome/ neuromyotonia
Charcot-Marie-Tooth
Multiple sclerosis
Guilllain Barre Syndrome
Heavy metal poisoning
Medication reactions
Post viral syndrome
Lyme disease
Fibromyalgia
Cancers of various descriptions
Kennedy disease
Small fiber neuropathy
Parsonage-turner Syndrome
Spinal disorders
Thyroid disease
Diabetic neuropathy
Vitamin deficiencies
Vitamin toxicities

Some of these are extremely serious Only a person's health care team is going to be able to sort it out. We can only tell you if your symptoms resemble our experience of ALS. If we say it does not please don't continue to ask us. go back to your physician with an open mind and let him/her figure it out!

Last edited:
Good job Nikki. This should be a stickie !:smile:

They at first thought my dad had myasthenia gravis. There was alot of testing and ruling out before he got the ALS diagnosis.

acute anxiety syndrome
extreme anxiety syndrome
out of control anxiety syndrome

I'm not being flippant here but of the new folks who appear who think they have ALS a goodly number have the above.

Anxiety was in my second paragraph along with bfs that is usually the answer I agree but my point is some people have had other pathologies and DIHALS need to have an open mind and not focus on ALS unless their physician suggests it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back