Other
Country
SRB
State
Vojvodina
City
Novi Sad
Hi everyone!

I have been reading this forum for some time now because of fear that I have ALS. Few months ago I had a pretty stressful period and my muscles started twitching, not too long after that I felt muscle weakness (especially in the morning). Those few months were awful, I was constantly afraid that I have ALS and that I'm going to die in a few years (I'm 23 years old). Now, while I still have that twitching and "weakness", after reading this forum and especially this thread I'm feeling much better.
My "weakness" lasts mostly when I'm at home and sitting in front of computer or browsing the net on my phone, it suddenly gets much better when I'm outside with my friends. After reading first post in this thread I totally found myself in "perceived weakness" as I feel very weak while at home or sometimes while taking a walk, yet I scored a goal almost across whole court while playing football (soccer) last week and I'm regularly dunking while playing basketball (I'm 6'11 tho). Sounds almost crazy that I thought about ALS while doing this kind of stuff every week, even to me now...

My anxiety problems started approximately a year after I got diagnosed with chronic hepatitis B in 2008 and had to stop with my basketball career. These few months were the worst and the truth is that I'm still not entirely convinced that I'm healthy. I will probably need some time, because thinking about ALS lasted few months. My mouth still feels week and my voice sounds strange even if no one else is noticing it...

For all the people who think that they have ALS and have not gone to their doctor yet - don't stress yourself before you get diagnosed with something, it only makes worse, I literally lost few months of my life because of it. Today a friend introduced me to this cute girl who obviously liked me and I was behaving like an ******* because I thought that my ALS is going to get worse soon and I don't need a relationship now. Wow, what was I thinking... And it was only a few hours earlier.

Remember, If you worry that something bad is going to happen, you'll worry twice if it eventually does happen. Try to be objective about your condition (I know it's not easy at all).

I don't need any replies here, I just want to help people like me out and seems there is a lot of them. I'm kinda happy that I didn't make a thread where I posted my symptoms and wanted people to say how I don't have this disease and I would convince them that I do have it. I admit that I was really close to it few times...

Much thanks to all the good posters here who helped me greatly, I wish you all the luck in the world!

Like a quote from Mark Twain:

“I've lived through some terrible things in my life, a few of which actually happened.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back