Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
nc
City
winterville
Hey guys, I have had an ongoing fear about ALS. I was diagnosed (through emg)with ulnar nerve compression in December of 2011. I ended up having surgery to relieve compression. Strength has come back for the most part. Still have twitching in between thumb and pointer finger every day when using those muscles.

I have had various forms of twitching in calves, arms, legs, stomach and arches of feet since then. I have seen two neurologists who said I am fine. Over the last 3 weeks the back of my elbow at the funny bone on my other arm has been twitching like crazy. Any idea what's going on? All the twitching keeps me worried.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Your doctors, by your own admission in previous posts and in this post, told you they are 99% certain you do not have ALS. ( I'd like those odds!)

We can't help you - we are not doctors - and even if we were - you still will doubt. Re- read your previous threads for insight.

What else, in all honesty, do you want to hear?

Elaine, thank you for your reply. I had been doing real well until this most recent twitch started. I am trying to convince myself that it has been 3 years since the twitching started, and I am still felling pretty strong for the most part.

I was diagnosed with ulnar nerve compression also, and have twitching in my biceps, triceps and shoulder area. I also just started having a twitch between my thumb and finger on the back of my hand. When I told my Neuro about the twitches 2 months ago, she said ulnar nerve issues dont cause twitching, especially in the upper arm area. She didn't seem concerned, she said they were benign.
I know what you are going through, I'm not sure what to do or think

Elaine, thank you for your reply. I had been doing real well until this most recent twitch started. I am trying to convince myself that it has been 3 years since the twitching started, and I am still felling pretty strong for the most part.

If you are still feeling strong after 3 years.....then listen to Elaine and turn off that voice in your head.

Thanks for the replies. Any idea what would cause the constant twitching at the elbow then?

Maybe tennis?

I was thinking about tennis elbow, but does it cause twitching? I have been working out much more over last 2 weeks, but this started prior to that.

You posted... ("I was thinking about tennis elbow, but does it cause twitching? I have been working out much more over last 2 weeks, but this started prior to that.") That would be a great question to ask your doctor.

Good gravy! I was being facetious about the tennis!

But seriously, now that I think about it... some years ago I read some Hindu Mythology about the meaning of eye, arm and foot twitching. As I vaguely recall, the side of the body upon which the twitching occurs, denotes good or bad luck coming your way. I forget the details.

Just telling you this because since you don't believe your doctors, maybe you can research ancient Indian mythology and find an answer to your elbow twitching question.

The skin on your elbow is called your weenis.
Do you have a twitchy weenis?

Casey

The Marriam-Webster definition of wenis : "the overlapping foreskin on the tip of your.... elbow!"

Not only do nice, perfect people get ALS - we are funny too - in a warped kinda way.

Not only do nice, perfect people get ALS - we are funny too - in a warped kinda way.

I'm voting that CALS are also guilty by association, we are perfect and warped funny, and if we weren't at the start we become that way - that's how we all get up and going again each morning!

My wenis itches and I can't scratch either of them

ABNA,

Thank goodness it's not twitching!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back