Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NC
City
Chlt
Hi, I am new to this forum and thought I would ask some questions while I am awaiting a diagnoses. While I realize that this is a forum for ALS support for those members that have already received a diagnoses, I suppose I was just looking to see if anyone had any advice or a similar experience as me. A few months ago I started to have some issues walking because my muscles were in spasm, but my husband decided to take me to the ER because I could not keep my balance. Upon being seen I was told that I had spastic reflexes and when asked to walk across the room on my toes, I could not. The kept me over night for an MRI which came back clean. I was told to follow up with a neurologist. When I went to the neuro he said I didn't appear to have clinical weakness but that my reflexes were spastic and he recommended an emg. A few days later I had full body weakness and spasms and landed back in the ER, they did a spinal which also came back ok. I have since been able to walk but I am still having problems with Spasms daily in both legs when I use them. I also have had twitching in my legs which is constant but also my arms and even my chest muscles. I went for the EMG two weeks ago.The EMG came back clean, however, my neuro wants me to seek a second opinion with another neuro since there is obviously something going on. Since that appt my eyes have become weak and I am having trouble focussing without getting headaches. Does this sound like it could be ALS? Of course when looking up spasticity, weakness, twiching, this is the first thing that pops up. Has anyone had any experiences that were similar? All of this just came on out of nowhere. I was also sent to a rheumatologist and those tests came back negative as well. Any advice?

as hard as it is, wait to get that second opinion. Many diseases have the same symptoms and you need to remember that. also, vision problems are not part of an ALS diagnosis, nor headaches. your understandable fear is getting the best of you and stress can increase symptoms. I suggest you stay off Dr. Goo and this forum--it will only make you more stressed-- and wait for the 2nd appt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back