Other
Country
GR
State
athens
City
athens
HELLO,

i ll discribe my main symptoms and unfortunatelly i am afraid that i have ALS.

1)muscle fasciculation for 9 months all over my body
2)poliopia/diplopia at lights at night
3)fatigue problems
4)weakness in my left hand

i am male 24 i have made all the medical tests (mri,myasthenia gravis blood tests,EMG IN AUGUST all OK ) BUT THINGS ARE GETTING WORSE and they tell me that there are because of the anxiety but nothing passes.
my life is ruined please help!

1)muscle fasciculation can come from many things besides ALS, like BFS.
2)poliopia/diplopia at lights at night. I have never heard of this as a symptom of ALS. My nighttime polyopia came from a branch retina vein occlusion years before my ALS diagnosed.
3)fatigue problems--can certainly come from anxiety.
4)weakness in my left hand--can come from many things.

You may have ALS. (Only a neuro can diagnosed that... actually only an autopsy can guarantee it.) But it certainly seems way premature to self-diagnose it. You state that your EMG was OK... and that makes it sound like its not ALS. ALS does not yield clean EMGs.

Relax. Go see a neuro if you want, but promise yourself you will accept his diagnosed. Good luck.

thank you for your info and god bless you!

i went to an another neuro in christmas time and he did not seem to take seriously what i was telling him. The fact that neither of the symptoms goes away has depressed me very much.The eye symptom was the one that really stressed me at the beginning and allerted me.I used to be an athletic guy and now i am really depressed . i think also my facial muscles have been affected and i have also a nosal dispnoia and nosal voise.i have facial twitches when i tighten my face and a dificulty to smile.to chew and swallow.these are the reasons to tell that i have this cursed disease.All THE NEUROS dismissed me because of my young age.tthey told me to take magnesium supplements and B12 and ssri but they dont help with the symptoms. I TRY everyday to convience myself that all these are anxiety symptoms but i cannot.i do not believe that the eye proplem will be ever solved and it stresses me to not have an explanation.i have stopped my life my dreams everything.i feel insecure and physically weak and i have also very tensed reflexes(bad sign).i see a psychologist also who tries to convience me that all these are anxiety symptoms and that i am organic healthy. can all these be due to anxiety? i ll try also some olistic meds.

you are very strong people!god be with you!

There are neuro-ophthalmologists around to help you sort out your diplopia. There are so many things that cause it, ALS not being one of them, that it is a good early warning sign you might want to investigate.

Facial muscles have nothing to do with diplopia. There are common nerves but diplopia is caused by a slight alignment problem when you are looking at an object...it is very common and if you are sure it is a new thing to you and you can't control it or it comes and goes when concentrating on an object then get it checked out. It happens to adults mostly when looking at something in the distance, gets worse when you are fatigued and is rarely associated with a clinical finding other than exotropia.

As English is obviously not your first language, I will assume you didn't mean to insult anyone here.
This is a MND/ALS site where people ARE going through hell.
Give your head a shake... you have anxiety, deal with it!

Visual issues are more indicative of MS or MG than ALS.

The fact that you are only 24 y points away from ALS.

ALS usually starts in one place; bulbar, distal etc, runs its coarse and then progresses further. The fact that you have bodywide fasics and what you perceive as weakness in your face and hand, points away from ALS.

If you had fascultations for nine months and you can still use your body without clinical weakness, strongly points away from ALS. Perceived weakness and clinical weakness are two different things, and clinical weakness would show on your neurological exam.

Have you tested for Lyme Disease? Vitamin deficiences? Diabetes? ( the latter due to diplopia and fatigue )

I understand that your fear is real to you, and going through a process of getting a possible diagnoses I know it oh to well. But try to live your life, and relax. Chances are most of your symptoms, if not all, are stress and anxiety related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back