Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tn.
City
Knoxville
I've been diagnosed with MANY autoimmune disorders. The also MANY Drs. I have seen seem to differ as to what all it is I do have. I have been diagnosed with R.A. U.C. reflux/gurd, raynauds, sjogerns, graves disease, and hypertensive les, instead of barretts, hiatal hernia and achalasia? I'm having a ridiculous amount of phlegm and spitting multiple times an hour. I had more swallowing tests recently and go in next week for results.
The "fits" as I call them are exhausting. I may cough and spit continually until, what ever the chunk of "yuck" is, I finally am able to get out. The whole time knowing it may cause me to choke. I am dizzy, my whole body aches especially my neck and am totally exhausted. This thick "yuck" is very hard to cough out. I spit ALL day and evening with this disgusting thick phlegm. The "yuck" always gets worse right after eating. I can feel it coming on and I have to spit it out, many times before I'm done eating, as much as I spit I never feel as if the lump in my throat is ever truly gone.
I'm exhausted, (extreme fatigue) I have no energy and these "fits" rob me of what little I do have. I went to the hospital a few weeks ago, because of the thick phlegm. I couldn't breath well. They didn't understand it was my own "yuck" that I was choking on. My Drs. don't seem to hear me when I try to tell them how bad it is. My new Internist is scheduling me for allergy tests, thinking that might be why I have all this phlegm. That would be great if that's the cause of all this "yuck"! I've had many tests and so far not enough answers that make sense(to me). Is it possible I really am the autoimmune Queen? I'm wondering how many Doctors most of you had/have gone to before you were finally heard and diagnosed. What did they say you had before your diagnosis of ALS and how long did it take to get to the bottom of all of your symptoms?
I have searched for answers for about 8mts.(when the "fits" and "yuck" first started and was recently directed to this site. I'm afraid I do see a lot of symptoms that some people here have talked about.. that I have. This leaves me wondering if I may have ALS? My heart goes out to those of you who do, it sounds wicked! I truly hope I do not have this disease but I'm so tired of this rollercoaster ride, and I want off! I NEED answers!
Thank you ~b

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back