Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Tn
City
Knoxville
Back in August after rotator cuff surgery I started having weird symptoms. Burning sensation in my lower legs and feet. And twitching in my ankle area. I have fasciculations 24/7. I had an emg which showed fasciculations but was Normal. That was about 2 months into symptoms. Now at the 5 month mark my hands are feeling tight. When I squeeze my hands or straighten my fingers they feel tight. I'm convinced it's als. Should i get another emg? Also when i move my toes up or down I get cramping in my toes. Isn't that a symptom of Als? So scared

Have you been back to the doctor? I wouldn't be convinced of anything until I spoke to a doctor who is educated, trained and experienced to answer that question.

Personally I don't think it sounds like als but I am not a doctor. Weakness (clinical) weakness is usually the beginning signs. You should read the sitckies here and they will answer a lot of your questions.

Vicki is right. You should ask the doc tor these questions. Look at my posts and you can read about some of my symptoms which don't at all match what is going on with you. If the doc tor says don't worry, then don't.

I am no doctor but, what you describe does not begin to compare to the symptoms I had before I was diagnosed. I would agree with the other folks who said you should ask a doc.

Rick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back